Thread: 355 broken suspension actuator

Name
    doggydog33

Default 355 broken suspension actuator

Does anybody have a broken suspension actuator for a 355?
    My suspension light has come on and I suspect I have a faulty actuator. I was hoping to get another broken one to Ďopen upí and have a look at before I tackle mine.

Regards, doggydog.

Name
    Ian

From my experience itís more likely to just be the gear underneath the actuator
    If you can hear the motor working when you first turn the ignition on then chances are itís the gear.
    If no noise then perhaps a broken wire or motor.
    Iíve done a couple on mine several years ago, the gears had split into pieces, seem to remember they were made from an aluminium alloy.
    Replaced with ones from Hills which looked a lot stronger.

Name
    doggydog33

Hi Ian, the gear on the damper top is ok. Had another look today and itís the black plastic frame inside, the bit that holds the centre brown plastic gear thatís broken. I know thereís a place in the states that re-ferb them with aluminium intervals and this is one option. I can only get to 3 of the actuators to check them whilst the cars in the garage and Iíd like to know thereís not a problem with the fourth before sending anything off.

Iíd like to have a go at repairing it myself but just need to build confidence first!
    Regards, doggydog.

Name
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by doggydog33 View Post
    Hi Ian, the gear on the damper top is ok. Had another look today and itís the black plastic frame inside, the bit that holds the centre brown plastic gear thatís broken. I know thereís a place in the states that re-ferb them with aluminium intervals and this is one option. I can only get to 3 of the actuators to check them whilst the cars in the garage and Iíd like to know thereís not a problem with the fourth before sending anything off.

Iíd like to have a go at repairing it myself but just need to build confidence first!
    Regards, doggydog.
    I see your problem now. Looks like Iíve been relatively lucky so far but Iím sure if you do manage a diy repair, lots of us would be interested. Good luck with it all.

irarref is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

Name
    doggydog33

Hi Irarref,
    yes, thank you. Thatís what make me think I can have a go at a diy repair. I just wanted a back up plan because once mines apart I wonít be able to send it over to the U.S. for a refurb.

Regards, Martin.

Name
    yeah

Default 355 broken suspension actuator

Quote Originally Posted by doggydog33 View Post
    Does anybody have a broken suspension actuator for a 355?
    My suspension light has come on and I suspect I have a faulty actuator. I was hoping to get another broken one to Ďopen upí and have a look at before I tackle mine.

Regards, doggydog.
    i have soneone that have 355 broken suspension actuator forsale pm alisdaniel395@gmail.com

Name
    doggydog33

Quote Originally Posted by mikelbrown364 View Post
    i have soneone that have 355 broken suspension actuator forsale pm alisdaniel395@gmail.com
    Thanks Mike,
    Iíve only just checked back on this thread.
    I managed to fix my actuator in the end by cutting it open and making a new part from aluminium.

Kind Regards, Doggydog.