Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 360 wonít start / turn over ?

Name
    Paul

The battery is relatively new and has been on a cTek charger. Itís a Yuasa with indicator which says itís good, but Iím going to swap it tomorrow to rule it out.

Mike, your scenario seems the same, but Iím not getting a click at point of ignition (usuall noises att Acc on key). When you had your issue, would removal of power and return (via kill switch) allow it to start ? I would have though that if the solenoid contacts were bad, then this wouldnít make a difference ?.
    Is removal of under tray necessary to access the starter or can it be accessed from the wheel well ?

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariIRL View Post
    I donít think so, the remote is operating the immobiliser led and usually the immobiliser allows the engine to turn but not start. In this scenario, itís not turning over 🤔
    but Iím not getting a click at point of ignition (usuall noises att Acc on key). When you had your issue, would removal of power and return (via kill switch) allow it to start ?
    With my immobiliser it acts precisely as you've described - if it's been activated (or not activated, depending on your perspective) and you turn the key you get nothing - no click at the point of ignition at all. if you kill the power on the kill switch it seems to reset and starts absolutely fine.

I know you don't think it is an immobiliser snag but is there any way for you to rule it out? Do you know where it's wired into the circuit?

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    With my immobiliser it acts precisely as you've described - if it's been activated (or not activated, depending on your perspective) and you turn the key you get nothing - no click at the point of ignition at all. if you kill the power on the kill switch it seems to reset and starts absolutely fine.

I know you don't think it is an immobiliser snag but is there any way for you to rule it out? Do you know where it's wired into the circuit?
    You may be right as the kill switch sorts the issue until the following day.
    I donít know where itís wired in. The car had the standard system plus a tracker.

Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Super Moderator
    Name
    Pete

You may be right as the kill switch sorts the issue until the following day.
    I donít know where itís wired in. The car had the standard system plus a tracker.
    Hopefully someone can tell you where the standard system is wired in so you can perhaps bypass it. I may not be right but the symptoms are identical to what I had on my 348 which turned out to be a dodgy immobiliser. If nothing else, bypassing it could rule it out without the need to replace parts etc searching for the cause - that can end up getting pricey as well as frustrating.

Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Hopefully someone can tell you where the standard system is wired in so you can perhaps bypass it. I may not be right but the symptoms are identical to what I had on my 348 which turned out to be a dodgy immobiliser. If nothing else, bypassing it could rule it out without the need to replace parts etc searching for the cause - that can end up getting pricey as well as frustrating.
    Guys thank you for your assistance.
    After some remote diagnostics by the tracker provider, it has been identified as an immobiliser issue.

Name
    Pete

Guys thank you for your assistance.
    After some remote diagnostics by the tracker provider, it has been identified as an immobiliser issue.
    Crikey, thatís me right twice this year! Iím on a roll! Obviously wonít last......

Glad youíve identified the issue, hope you can get it sorted without too much trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12