Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Insurance and trackers

Name
    paul elton

Default Insurance

if your car is over ten years old you don't need a tracker with Locktons

JohnJStewart is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Vodafone NavTrak

I've been paying the ridiculous 300+ per year and good old Admiral have told me that I don't need a tracker and no change in premium, thank you. My Merc E class has a free tracking system with an app and all sorts of bells and whistles. Maybe not Thatcham approved but surely enough.

Has anyone tried the little Apple Tracking devices - last I recalled they were about 100 for three.

It really annoys me that Vodafone Navtrak doesn't even provide an app because mine is an old device - and I am guessing everyone knows where it is installed......

There has to be a better way.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJStewart View Post
    I've been paying the ridiculous 300+ per year and good old Admiral have told me that I don't need a tracker and no change in premium, thank you. My Merc E class has a free tracking system with an app and all sorts of bells and whistles. Maybe not Thatcham approved but surely enough.

Has anyone tried the little Apple Tracking devices - last I recalled they were about 100 for three.

It really annoys me that Vodafone Navtrak doesn't even provide an app because mine is an old device - and I am guessing everyone knows where it is installed......

There has to be a better way.
    I saw that. Might be worth a punt for 100 although it won't make a jot of difference to insurance I guess.

JohnJStewart is offline I have a dodgy moustache - the Ferrari 308 Club Member
    Name
    John Stewart

Default Trackers vs Alarms

There is a company in the village that does trackers and alarms. The owner came round to have a chat. He gave me a brochure for a new tracker that they are fitting, lowish initial cost and then 10-15 a month subscription with a lot of features and an app etc.
    But then he dropped the bomb. For 10 on the internet you can buy a GPS blocker than means the tracker is useless. So what is the point.

So the way to go seems to be a double immobiliser and high spec alarm and forget the tracker - especially if it is a NavTrak fitted by Ferrari UK as they are all in the same place and easy to disable.

And none of the above makes a jot of difference to my insurance, so why bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12