Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Aston Martin's 2020 Results and 2021 Outlook

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    537

    Default Aston Martin's 2020 Results and 2021 Outlook

    I just posted a new blog on Aston Martin's 2020 Results and outlook going forward.

    https://karenable.com/aston-martins-...-2020-results/

    Will they make it longer term?

  2. #2
    A348W's Avatar
    A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Wiltshire
    Name
    Adrian
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Always interested to read your posts

    I guess they had better hope Mercedes buys them out.

    Seems odd that they would stack the DBX; aren’t theses suppose to be highly customised by the “high end” clients, rather than...”well we have this one over here...”?

    Be interested to understand Stroll’s role in all this and where he actually put his cash!

  3. #3
    F355GTS's Avatar
    F355GTS is offline Shocking waste of good kevlar - The Ferrari Enzo Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North Hants
    Name
    Mark Collins
    Posts
    6,688

    Default

    They're only stacking DBX into the dealers because they can't sell them and they need to keep the production lines running

    The problem is customers want to spec a car of this type and value and the next stage (as happened with the new Vantage) will be significant discounts to shift the unwanted stock, that subsequently sets a new lower price for future orders for the car and hits current owners on resale value

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Always interested to read your posts

    I guess they had better hope Mercedes buys them out.

    Seems odd that they would stack the DBX; aren’t theses suppose to be highly customised by the “high end” clients, rather than...”well we have this one over here...”?

    Be interested to understand Stroll’s role in all this and where he actually put his cash!
    Ive never been able to figure out just how much of his own cash Stroll has sunk into Aston but I have to believe he is still underwater on the investment.

    The more they say they are only building cars to meet demand, the less I would tend to believe it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Henley on Thames
    Name
    Mark Blanchard
    Posts
    62

    Default

    I'm mates with Marek Reichman, so usually get to hear all the positive news coming out of Aston. The figures suggestion otherwise though.

  6. #6
    A348W's Avatar
    A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Wiltshire
    Name
    Adrian
    Posts
    1,063

  7. #7
    Nosevi's Avatar
    Nosevi is online now Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Name
    Pete
    Posts
    11,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    That is interesting. Could have guessed one of the drivers but getting Vettel on board surprises me.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    If Stroll really believes this, he should be putting his money where his month is and merging the car business with the F1 team. The way its structured now, his investment in Racing Point is total protected is Aston goes tits up again.

  9. #9
    A348W's Avatar
    A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    North Wiltshire
    Name
    Adrian
    Posts
    1,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boxer View Post
    If Stroll really believes this, he should be putting his money where his month is and merging the car business with the F1 team. The way its structured now, his investment in Racing Point is total protected is Aston goes tits up again.
    ...didn't I read that Aston Martin pays his F1 team for the sponsorship? I'd bet he has very little if any money at risk in either

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    UK
    Name
    Boxer
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    ...didn't I read that Aston Martin pays his F1 team for the sponsorship? I'd bet he has very little if any money at risk in either
    Yes, Aston Martin is paying Racing Point to put the Aston name on their cars.

Similar Threads

  1. Ferrari & Tesla's 2020 Results
    By Boxer in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-03-2021, 02:58 AM
  2. McLaren's Q3 Results & 2021 Outlook
    By Boxer in forum Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 05:00 PM
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-11-2020, 03:33 PM
  4. Ferrari & Aston’s Q2 Results
    By Boxer in forum Ferrari Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2020, 02:39 PM
  5. For the Aston Martin fans out there.
    By 360Jay in forum Other bikes, cars and toys
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 07:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •