Thread: Vehicle Inspection Reports From Main Dealers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Name
    Kevin Shepperson

Default Vehicle Inspection Reports From Main Dealers

Hi, could anyone confirm, are vehicle inspection reports supplied by main dealers when having a service as standard/compulsory?
    I take my 348 into Graypauls for services and always receive a full health check/inspection, report but Iím being asked to pay for one for a prospective 430 Iím looking to buy, which has been serviced for the last 10 years at H R Owen and is there at present, but the owner of the car is saying they cost £1000 with them. Is this true?

Name
    jos

It sounds like you are talking at cross purposes: the grand is probably for a new PPI which you would own whereas the condition reports are part of the previous servicing records (if they were provided and/or retained) which the current owner owns

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

£1000 for a PPI sounds more than a tad steep to me.

Regarding the traffic light survey, don't think even HR Owen would charge you for this - it's all part of the advantage of using a main dealer. I know it's designed to highlight what you might like them to do over and above the service (hence the prices on it) but I like it as it gives me a handy list of what to crack on with and attend to myself.

Anyway I'm sure Jos is right, the £1000 report will be something over and above the standard multipoint check.

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

If you are getting a PPI, make sure you are dealing directly with the company/ individual doing the PPI and you are paying them directly. From your post it sounds like some other arrnagement, which would not be appropriate, nor give you much if any legal recourse should there be a subsequent issues.

Good luck with the purchase and hope to see pics soon

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    If you are getting a PPI, make sure you are dealing directly with the company/ individual doing the PPI and you are paying them directly. From your post it sounds like some other arrnagement, which would not be appropriate, nor give you much if any legal recourse should there be a subsequent issues.
    +1

And personally, call me a cynic but I'd arrange for a PPI myself, I wouldn't get one arranged or advised by the current owner and certainly wouldn't get it done by the dealer where the car is, especially if that dealer is selling on commission or SOR for the current owner. Ideally it wants to be independent and having it sorted by the current owner prevents that to a degree.

Name
    Kevin Shepperson

Default PPI

Hi
    Thanks for your replies.
    Personally I’ve always been impressed with the vehicle inspection reports from the main dealer on my car done on its yearly service etc been very thorough but now reading your comments maybe I should consider a PPI on this next purchase.
    Could you pass me on some details of someone who could do this car is in North London area please.
    Regards
    Kev