Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So it starts

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

The average person likely neither knows nor cares what % of ethanol is in petrol - they just reach for the green pump.

I'd also argue that the true wealthy folk (lots of gentry up here, this is the area with the highest concentration of castles in the country) seem to drive old Golf or Octavia diesels - they don't seem to fit the country stereotype of Range Rover drivers here.

Anyway, back on topic - I thought that garages were required to provide Super/98 RON at E5 if they sold a certain volume - so the high octane stuff will not be E10

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    I'd also argue that the true wealthy folk (lots of gentry up here, this is the area with the highest concentration of castles in the country) seem to drive old Golf or Octavia diesels - they don't seem to fit the country stereotype of Range Rover drivers here.

Anyway, back on topic - I thought that garages were required to provide Super/98 RON at E5 if they sold a certain volume - so the high octane stuff will not be E10
    The castle owners are probably either asset rich/ cash poor and or not inclined to spend their money on cliff face levels of depreciation! As to new cars to "save the planet" we have no plans to change our daily drivers. I'm hoping to see 15 years out of my 5 series and a good 10 out of the bosses mini, although the latter gets all the local short trips so works a lot harder!

As to E5, been awhile since I filled a car up regularly with petrol, but I did notice filling the 355 up the other weekend that I had to go to 2 garages to find super. I will have a look next time I fill the 348 up, whenever I get it back, as that runs on 95 so more likely to see E10 on the nozzle, and need to change to super.

achaddy is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Andy Chadwick

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    The castle owners are probably either asset rich/ cash poor and or not inclined to spend their money on cliff face levels of depreciation! As to new cars to "save the planet" we have no plans to change our daily drivers. I'm hoping to see 15 years out of my 5 series and a good 10 out of the bosses mini, although the latter gets all the local short trips so works a lot harder!

As to E5, been awhile since I filled a car up regularly with petrol, but I did notice filling the 355 up the other weekend that I had to go to 2 garages to find super. I will have a look next time I fill the 348 up, whenever I get it back, as that runs on 95 so more likely to see E10 on the nozzle, and need to change to super.
    I know from bitter experience what heaps Lords and Ladies (You know who you are of Wallingford ) drive and then don't give a s**t about the hard workers shiny Ferrari they've just parked next to and then used said Ferrari as a door stop.
    Of course when challenged it was PREPOSTEROUS they could have done such a thing.

As for E10. Last time I took the 360 through Europe I did fill up on it in France by mistake. Didn't appear to cause any issues but did make sure next tank was normal 95. In fact I had to google what E10 was at the time. Was a few of years ago now.
    I use normal 95RON guess that's now E5 in the 458 but having recently spoken to a guy who runs a tuning shop, he was surprised I didn't use super.

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by achaddy View Post
    I know from bitter experience what heaps Lords and Ladies (You know who you are of Wallingford ) drive and then don't give a s**t about the hard workers shiny Ferrari they've just parked next to and then used said Ferrari as a door stop.
    Of course when challenged it was PREPOSTEROUS they could have done such a thing.

As for E10. Last time I took the 360 through Europe I did fill up on it in France by mistake. Didn't appear to cause any issues but did make sure next tank was normal 95. In fact I had to google what E10 was at the time. Was a few of years ago now.
    I use normal 95RON guess that's now E5 in the 458 but having recently spoken to a guy who runs a tuning shop, he was surprised I didn't use super.
    I always use VPower because our local shell is opposite a supermarket so is cheap as you like.

DMS who did my maps did both cars so they could run on 95RON as I travel a lot in Europe and sometimes you cant get what you want.

The big issue with the F430 is the components in the fuel system that weren't E10 compatible. I believe the Scuderia might be as it was during the 599 development that the switch over for the V12's took place. haven't had an answer on that one yet.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    The big issue with the F430 is the components in the fuel system that weren't E10 compatible...
    If not compatible, would you think a tank whilst on a long Euro run (possibly filled and emptied on the same day) would likely be a cause for concern? I've previously spoken to a couple of very knowledgeable techs who advised not to leave it in the tank too long but in that scenario it wouldn't be in the system long enough to be an issue. I guess it's all a bit of a learning curve for us all.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123