Thread: 360 oil pressure warning light

Name
    birdseye

Default 360 oil pressure warning light

Obviously there is no oil pressure before you start the engine, but how long after you start does it take for the little red light to go out? I have never noticed the light before now in my ownership but that could be nothing more than me being dopey. On my car it takes maybe 3 to 4 secs to go out - running oil pressure is fine and no oil is being used.

Just wondering what other cars do. Now I have noticed the light its on my mind.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

I can no longer check as we sold the 360 but I think it would only be briefly lit. I'd say from memory perhaps one or two seconds max, I'm sure not four. Mike will probably remember better than I if he sees this thread.

MalcH is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Malc Holden

As above, briefly. Goes out straight away.

Name
    birdseye

Timed it as best I can ( video and stop watch) and its 2 secs or maybe just a tiny bit under. Wouldnt raise the issue however, except that I never noticed it before so its likely something post service. Drain back?

Name
    jos

Does it go out before or after 'check ok' - if after I would suggest the car is happy especially as this behaviour appears to be referred to in the owners manual

Name
    jos

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    Does it go out before or after 'check ok' - if BEFORE I would suggest the car is happy especially as this behaviour appears to be referred to in the owners manual
    Correction

Name
    Mark

I've just found a short movie I took of our car starting from cold, to capture a bit off rough running for a few seconds before we had the MAFs changed. The movie begins with the 'check ok' displayed before turning the key to start the engine, at that point there's no oil light lit. What it doesn't show is me inserting the key and turning it to the second position prior to starting, so I can't see if the oil light came on before the 'check ok'. A couple of other 360 owners here will be able to advise I'm sure.

Name
    birdseye

the check OK has nothing to do with oil pressure. It goes out before you even turn the key to position 2 to operate the starter motor . The oil pressure light seems to be triggered by the oil pressure sensor after the engine has fired

Just been watching a short video that I made of it to confirm - would post it on here if I knew how.

Does anyone know if there is any sort of anti drain system on the car? Is there supposed to be a valve in the oil filter?

Name
    Mark

I know the 'Check OK' has nothing to do with oil pressure. You stated your light was on after starting the engine which in turn told us that it's lit following the check message. I confirmed that in my movie of our 360 starting, where the footage begins at check ok and at no point afterwards is my oil light lit.

I'd suggest speaking to your techie of choice. Personally I'd head straight to Ed and Aldous but I was a client for a number of years. Whatever, you need someone who knows the model inside out and no doubt they'll set your mind at ease. In the meantime Howard don't start the car!!! (joke).

I tried to send you a link but you've exceeded your message limit.
    Last edited by Kyodo; 11-06-2021 at 11:27 AM. Reason: blah