Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 348/355 HVAC air route

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    I think this is the Ferrarichar artcle he was referencing

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th....597182/page-2

He mentions it has to be the Mann brand which you can buy off ebay.co.uk (no need to buy from abroad)

Thinking of getting one myself as everyone in the family including myself suffer from hayfever.

If you want to check the dimensions are:

Filter Type : Particulate Filter
    Height [mm] : 20
    Length [mm] : 180
    Quantity Unit : Kit
    Width [mm] : 91

Cheers Jeff. Just before you order, the dimentions of the hole are 175mm x 100mm x 30mm (max you'd want but lower is fine). At present I've got a couple of these on order to try which might be fine:

https://www.buycarparts.co.uk/ridex/8059445

Although in that thread it does seem to fit well.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 13-06-2021 at 07:29 AM.

irarref is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

I've just ordered a pair of genuine Mann filters using the code in the thread - 2 for 17.08 deleliverd with Amazon prime.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure between the pair of us we can find something that fits ok.

Name
    Jeff

I've just videoed my flap closing so you can see what it should be doing when fixed. Bit noisy so let me know what yours is like when youve fixed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96vlZxu-sb8

I think I need to fix teh rubber seal in place too!

Name:  IMG_3813.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  54.1 KB

Measurements I have (although the filter will be at an angle (I think) which will skew the measurements

Name:  IMG_3814.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  59.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3815.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  59.9 KB

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

I've just videoed my flap closing so you can see what it should be doing when fixed. Bit noisy so let me know what yours is like when youve fixed it.
    Thanks for the vid

Yep, the filter will need to be a little bigger than that to be perfect. When you take the width and put it on a angle as it rests on the shelf below it increases it a bit. For the length you'll see that the opening is smaller than the length across the intake just below it and down at the shelf the filter will sit on. I cut several bits of card and the one which fit the gap perfectly was 175mm x 100mm:

Name:  C22C15F5-79AD-4245-ACAB-B116C4359D77.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  BD22A262-8D54-436A-A7A7-15075428C364.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  52.1 KB

Name
    Pete

The 30mm height is max, obviously anything thinner will be fine.

To be honest I think anything pretty close will work as long as the length is at least this so it sits wedged on the shelf and can't fall down.

Name
    Jeff

I thought you'd measured it wrong but I get you now - that's the width of the box above the ledge that is different from teh opening I measured.

Pic of the ledge...plus how dirty it gets in there. I think Ill clean mine before fitting the filter then can check after 12 months to see if tehre ios a difference between pre filter area and post filter area.

Just one word of caution. I had my air con fan running and i threw a light plastic seat cover into the frunk and it got sucked into the air con - thankfully managed to grab it time and pull it away so the fan is quite powerful. JUst make sure anything you secure it with is suck fast! :-)

Name:  IMG_3816.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  39.4 KB

Name
    Pete

I thought you'd measured it wrong but I get you now - that's the width of the box above the ledge that is different from teh opening I measured.

Pic of the ledge...plus how dirty it gets in there. I think Ill clean mine before fitting the filter then can check after 12 months to see if tehre ios a difference between pre filter area and post filter area.
    Yep, it sort of opens out under the opening so the filter will need to be bigger than the opening

you might be able to put it in on an angle from the top and turn it round once below the opening, if not it'll be a case of boot liner raised, top off 'airbox' (think it's just 4 philips screws?), insert snuggly fitting filter, top back on, boot liner back down.

Name
    Pete

Just got back from a good drive through the countryside and card over the inlet worked fine - system ran with zero snags, cooled the air nicely and zero effects from pollen after getting home.

As I said before, bit gash fixing the broken recycle flap with use of a bit of cardboard but it does exactly the same job as the flap would and at least allows me to use the car at the moment without suffering afterwards until I get the required part and get round to fixing the flap.

Name
    Lifeboatboy

Never ceases to amaze me how you chaps either have, or nearly have fully functioning aircon If it wasn't for the fact I sensed my clutch slipping yesterday (oh triffic ), I might've had a tinker with my own 'flap and box', but under the circumstances I think I'll leave them alone and cry over the prospect of adding a clutch to the impending cam belt change and 25K service. Bravo - those of you that have HVAC

Name
    Jeff

Mine arrived today so I tried it out

348 DIY "Restoration" - Page 250 (clubscuderia.co.uk)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast