Thread: 612 OTO Boot Contents & Cupholder

Abidk is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    AK1981

Default 612 OTO Boot Contents & Cupholder

Hi

Could some tell me if there was any difference in the toolkit between a early 612 and the OTO version please? Also besides the toolkit what else should you have as part of the boot kit that would have come with the car originally please? Battery conditioner? Tyre inflater?

Also the below link shows the tool kit at eurospares and itís cheaper than those on eBay is that right? Or does eurospares have the wrong kit?

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/f...quipment-36763

Also I have seen images online of 612ís with cup holders built into the gear selector panel is this something that can be retrofitted?

Thanks

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Abidk View Post
    Hi

Could some tell me if there was any difference in the toolkit between a early 612 and the OTO version please? Also besides the toolkit what else should you have as part of the boot kit that would have come with the car originally please? Battery conditioner? Tyre inflater?

Also the below link shows the tool kit at eurospares and itís cheaper than those on eBay is that right? Or does eurospares have the wrong kit?

https://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/f...quipment-36763

Also I have seen images online of 612ís with cup holders built into the gear selector panel is this something that can be retrofitted?

Thanks
    eBay is often the most expensive place for Ferrari parts so the eurospares one will be correct. The cup holders you see are aftermarket and come in a variety of finishes but they are almost always independently made. Ferrari have a thing about not having them in their cars. In Italy you drive to the coffee shop and sit outside admiring your car with others. You donít drink coffee in the car.

Abidk is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    AK1981

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    In Italy you drive to the coffee shop and sit outside admiring your car with others. You donít drink coffee in the car.
    Brilliant now I understand the logicÖ.just need to find a nice coffee shop where I can actually have a coffee and admire my car parked right outside.

Name
    jos

If you need a toolkit buy it if it really is the real thing ex stock since on an official site they imply its hard to get https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/...5130?id=128901

As for the charger it would have come with one but either buy the latest suitable Ferrari one or get the current CTEK for far less and sort out the tails to suit your charging location (I put a waterproof socket in the gutter of the windscreen on my 575 so as not to have to open the bonnet to charge)

Document set & car cover would also have been included from new - I'd be surprised if DK didn't include all of this
    Last edited by jos; 14-06-2021 at 08:07 AM.

Kyodo is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Club Member
    Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Ferrari have a thing about not having them in their cars. In Italy you drive to the coffee shop and sit outside admiring your car with others. You donít drink coffee in the car.
    And so it should be

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by jos View Post
    If you need a toolkit buy it if it really is the real thing ex stock since on an official site they imply its hard to get https://www.ferrariparts.co.uk/part/...5130?id=128901

As for the charger it would have come with one but either buy the latest suitable Ferrari one or get the current CTEK for far less and sort out the tails to suit your charging location (I put a waterproof socket in the gutter of the windscreen on my 575 so as not to have to open the bonnet to charge)

Document set & car cover would also have been included from new - I'd be surprised if DK didn't include all of this
    There is a horrible trend in Ferrari sales where even cars sold on sale or return have basic items go missing to be sold later on eBay.

A large law suit is happening in the US right now where a dealer was sitting on lots of luggage sets, torches, document pack elements as well as car covers that he insisted sellers include other wise the car wouldnít sell but was then holding them back from sales to fuel a lucrative eBay monopoly. If you are wondering why luggage sets for example have gone stratospheric in price - you know why.

For me itís simple if you buy a car used it should have everything it was sold with with it originally unless there is a good story to explain why not.