Thread: Tyres for a 1996 456GTA

Name
    David North

Default Tyres for a 1996 456GTA

What tyres are people using on their 456? I'm having trouble finding any for the rear (285/40/17). Thanks!

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by 246dreamer View Post
    What tyres are people using on their 456? I'm having trouble finding any for the rear (285/40/17). Thanks!
    Don't have the cars anymore but i had them on Bridgestones / Pirelli & Michelins - Only the latter were up to the car IMO

Name
    Richard Jones

Default Tyres For a 1996 456GTA

David were you able to obtain tyres for your 456? We are looking to replace the standard tyres on our 456 and are told you cannot buy them in NZ. Apparently they are no longer made in the specific 456 size but have been told tyres from a Chevrolet Corvette are a similar size and fit the stock alloy rims. Do you have any info?

Name
    David North

Quote Originally Posted by alfavirusnz View Post
    David were you able to obtain tyres for your 456? We are looking to replace the standard tyres on our 456 and are told you cannot buy them in NZ. Apparently they are no longer made in the specific 456 size but have been told tyres from a Chevrolet Corvette are a similar size and fit the stock alloy rims. Do you have any info?
    Pirelli told me that here are (were?) two rear P Zeros in Australia but didn't know when they'd be able to get hold of them because of shipping delays - and quoted about $1,000 each. Apparently Pirelli make a batch of P Zeros in the correct sizes once a year. (I believe Michelin do the same for Pilot Sports.) An alternative I was told about is Continental Extreme Contact Sports that are available in the correct sizes for front and rear from the USA, although the rears were on back order and due in about now
    https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...T&autoModClar=

A local tyre shop (Choppa's) came up trumps with
    " the closest thing I can supply is a 275/40R17 Nexen SU1 at a price of $359.00 each. Price includes fitting, balancing and GST." so I went with them. The shop could also get the same tyre in 245/45/17 for the front.
    https://www.nexentyres.co.nz/nfera-su1

I only drove the car less than 1,000kms on the Nexens as I sold it recently but they seemed fine. Hope that helps