Thread: 360 - what should this be connected to?

Name
    birdseye

Default 360 - what should this be connected to?

Fumbling around the right side of the engine compartment to find an easy way to replace an oil filter ( there isnt one) I came across this connector, picture attached. Its a female connector which is attached to another wire to prevent flapping about and for that reason the thing it should be attached to cant be more than 30mm away from where you see it pictured, likely underneath the frame since I brought it above the frame to photo. But try as I may I cannot find a correcsponging male plug that it has become seperated from. Yet the female terminals show clear witness marks to having been connected .

I havent turned on the ignition purely because I dont want an error message.

Any ideas? The car is a spider if thats relevant.Name:  socket1.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  49.9 KB

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Is it the Lambda sensor connector? Perhaps disconnected if non-standard sports cats fitted?

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

In that are you have various F1 sensors, clutch position sensor. The lambda sensors have a different plug.
    It looks very familiar but my memories are fading fast!

The oil filter is easy to change if you remove the cross piece above it which unbolts from the frame. Buy a cheap laser tool to fit the filter. HE do one but it’s too good for infrequent use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name
    birdseye

Thanks. I have been poring over the wiring diagram in the workshop manual but for the life of me I cannot identify that wire. It certainly isnt the lambda sensor. In frustration I started the car up and no problem - no EML. I can only assume that its a redundant wire, maybe for the US version?

As for the oil filter, its a Spider - do you remove the steering pump reservoir? Even then access looks difficult.

Name
    Ian Riddell

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I can only assume that its a redundant wire, maybe for the US version?

I'd say it's the secondary air solenoid valve on USA cars

"31S"

Name:  RHEngineComponents.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  116.0 KB

The only way to prove it would be to check the wiring between the ECU and the plug (or cut open the harness and check wire colours.... violet and blue/green).
    Last edited by Qavion; 04-08-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Name
    Eric DECOUX

Quote Originally Posted by Qavion View Post
    I'd say it's the secondary air solenoid valve on USA cars

"31S"

Name:  RHEngineComponents.JPG
Views: 41
Size:  116.0 KB

The only way to prove it would be to check the wiring between the ECU and the plug (or cut open the harness and check wire colours.... violet and blue/green).
    +1
    It's connector 31S, used for secondary air system on US cars.
    This position is specific to a Spider, on a Coupé it is located close to the RH engine ECU (behind the RH protective panel)

Name
    birdseye

Thanks ! I have a PDF of the workshop manual but it doesnt show any connections higher in number than 28S and the illustrations are very different in colour and print. But what you say makes sense because despite spending a couple of hours with mirror and torch, I totally failed to find a corresponding male plug for it to fit into.

Name
    Ian Riddell

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Thanks ! I have a PDF of the workshop manual but it doesnt show any connections higher in number than 28S and the illustrations are very different in colour and print. But what you say makes sense because despite spending a couple of hours with mirror and torch, I totally failed to find a corresponding male plug for it to fit into.
    Try these wiring diagrams:

https://www.dropbox.com/t/tOCUuaH82gMgRVpf

Link expires in 6 days