Thread: The trouble with (some) Ferrari dealer

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Default The trouble with (some) Ferrari dealer

Why in this day and age should a customer have this experience?

Even if you are charitable and say that most Scud owners are unlikely to actually drive them this is a poor show from DL.

https://youtu.be/0GSE9AccBjY

Thoughts

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

I think its probably the norm! As he said in his video, previous owner didn't think the car had any issues...and I suspect most owners wouldn't even know how to change a tyre, let along what a ball joint was or what a worn one felt like! I'm guessing the other issue is supply and demand; there is so much demand right now there is a knock on effect of pressure just to move the cars on. Combine these two facts and hey presto!

Personally I find DL a funny lot, and their service side has seen some churn in personnel recently, and a nice increase in pricing; but from what I understand there is so much work kicking around they can! They did see me right on the cam shaft oil seal that failed 14 months after they did them as part of an annual service, so I cant grumble there.

Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    I think its probably the norm! As he said in his video, previous owner didn't think the car had any issues...and I suspect most owners wouldn't even know how to change a tyre, let along what a ball joint was or what a worn one felt like! I'm guessing the other issue is supply and demand; there is so much demand right now there is a knock on effect of pressure just to move the cars on. Combine these two facts and hey presto!

Personally I find DL a funny lot, and their service side has seen some churn in personnel recently, and a nice increase in pricing; but from what I understand there is so much work kicking around they can! They did see me right on the cam shaft oil seal that failed 14 months after they did them as part of an annual service, so I cant grumble there.
    Seems from your experience, mine and others that they (DL) are good at responding to defects and problems but not so good at pro-actively finding them and addressing them.

If you fundamentally ask what is FerrariĀ’s approved program for and how is it supposed to operated you would say on this evidence they are non compliant.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

I'm surprised there were that many issues after the car should have gone through the multipoint check prior to sale but personally I'm pretty impressed with how DL responded.

Pretty much mirrors my experience at a main dealer - there were issues after some work but they stepped up and corrected it at their expense, in my case involving them completely removing the engine a few months after they had done an engine out. Irritating to have had an issue but I couldn't fault their handling of putting it right.

Name
    CPD

Its always good to get the response you want but as you know from your past the best policy is preventative engineering rather than reactive.

The car in the video was clearly put through its factory used car checks either by Steve Wonder or there was some pressure perhaps to not bother.

The factory would be understandably livid about this as it just cements an image they have been trying to get rid of for decades now.

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Its always good to get the response you want but as you know from your past the best policy is preventative engineering rather than reactive.

The car in the video was clearly put through its factory used car checks either by Steve Wonder or there was some pressure perhaps to not bother.

The factory would be understandably livid about this as it just cements an image they have been trying to get rid of for decades now.
    Even Stevie Wonder can hear any type of knocking from the suspension on a 360/430 variant is ball joints. Doesn't give any confidence in what else was missed as those are basically consumables that are part of the most basic checks.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

A348W is offline Only 37 known common faults - The Ferrari 355 Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post

Isn't the first and wont be the last. I know of a couple of others that have had some "niggles" both with purchase and servicing.

I honestly think it comes down to business being too easy within the motor trade. I do recall a conversation with a sales manager at some dealer, I cant honestly recall which, might have been an Aston main dealer when i was looking, and commenting on the swirl marks on a black one, stating they didn't fully prep the cars until they were sold...I took that as "unless the customer spots something we wont do it and thus potentially make some extra cash each sale". But then as stated elsewhere not all dealers are the same!!

Too much money, too many people that don't know!

Name
    CPD

Agree