Thread: 328 GTB owners

Name
    BenjaminBraddock

Default 328 GTB owners

Dear All

* Call for 328 GTB owners *

Are there any 328 GTB owners that are CS forum members and are currently active on here these days?

If so, then please do respond as it would be good to connect. Or maybe you know of some such owners who are not on here but maybe keen to tie up..

I will soon become a 328 GTB owner myself, so being that there are so few UK RHD 328 GTBs - only 130 came here, of which 77 were non-ABS and 53 were ABS models - they are pretty scarce, and I wonder if there could be a community GTB thing to be had.

I'd be quite interested in collating the cars by chassis number and then trying to trace them, as I know a Lamborghini historian who is doing the same for his particular model and it makes for a nice project, probably one that will never be completed, but still a nice thing to have regardless... I also understand from Pete (Nosevi) that the 348 owners on here have a Brotherhood, which I think is a nice thing.

Of course several 328 GTBs are used for racing in the FOC classic racing series; some of these race cars, also some road cars, would have been crashed and written-off (hopefully not too many); and some would have been exported to Australia, Hong Kong and Singapore etc.. so there will be a fair few less on the road than the original numbers above..

Will see where this takes me...

irarref is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Jeff

I'd reach out to Tim at walkersport may be a good start...

http://www.walkersport.co.uk/about-us.htm

Cant remember his userid on here though.

francisn is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Admin dude
    Name
    Francis Newman

Ben

Jonathan Tremlett, a good friend of mine, who is himself a Ferrari owner (348Ts and 550) and who used to post on here but not in recent years, has an enormous database of Ferraris. He might well be willing to share some info with you about the numbers of 328GTBs still in UK.

I can't see whether you are a subscribed member. If you aren't (and its only a tenner) then you can't send a PM but if otherwise you are happy to send me your email I will talk to JT and put you in contact if he is willing. It will save you a lot of legwork.

Francis
    Committee member

Name
    BenjaminBraddock

Quote Originally Posted by irarref View Post
    I'd reach out to Tim at walkersport may be a good start...

http://www.walkersport.co.uk/about-us.htm

Cant remember his userid on here though.
    Thank you Jeff - I know Tim so will mention to him next time I speak to him.

Name
    BenjaminBraddock

Quote Originally Posted by francisn View Post
    Ben

Jonathan Tremlett, a good friend of mine, who is himself a Ferrari owner (348Ts and 550) and who used to post on here but not in recent years, has an enormous database of Ferraris. He might well be willing to share some info with you about the numbers of 328GTBs still in UK.

I can't see whether you are a subscribed member. If you aren't (and its only a tenner) then you can't send a PM but if otherwise you are happy to send me your email I will talk to JT and put you in contact if he is willing. It will save you a lot of legwork.

Francis
    Committee member
    Francis many thanks for your response, and that would be great if you could ask Jonathan to get in touch please. I can PM you my email address if works well for you and Jonathan, assuming he doesn't mind pointing me in the right direction. Otherwise Jonathan can PM me on here which is also great too.

Many thanks