Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 296 GTB

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Default 296 GTB

Hi All,

had my first look at the 296 GTB yesterday (at Maranello Egham) and it seems a nice looking car. Cabin access wasn't brilliant, my 6ft 5 frame struggled to get in and out of it. If I had the money to buy one, which I don't, not sure I'd be happy with a V6 engine. Still I wish Ferrari luck with it.

Here are some photos, including my ugly mug:
    Name:  IMG_8165.jpg
Views: 136
Size:  72.1 KBName:  IMG_8142.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  75.3 KBName:  IMG_8140.jpg
Size:  83.9 KB

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

Interesting colour scheme!

I've seen a few knocking around London recently and I'm afraid I'm not really a fan. But then I don't really like anything built after about 2010

Name
    Grant

[QUOTE=Mark Blanchard;846421]Hi All,

Suits you Sir.
    If anyone wants a reg to go with this car, I have "296 GUY" forsale

Name
    Adrian

Saw it the other day as well at Dick Lovett.

Didnt think I'd like it but I actaully really do. Will have to see what it sounds like; but all the videoes it sounds fairly muted. We will see, but I'll look forward to the GTS!!

Whiklst the car was cool, the bally dancers and bendy girl were something else; and a lot more interesting in my humble view

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    Interesting colour scheme!
    Bit harsh. I mean, I probably wouldn't wear that shirt with that jacket either but it's not that bad........

As for the car, not yet convinced, will need to see it in the metal I think.
    Last edited by Nosevi; 10-11-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Name
    Mark Blanchard

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post

Didnt think I'd like it but I actaully really do. Will have to see what it sounds like; but all the videoes it sounds fairly muted
    From the video's they showed us the engine tone / exhaust doesn't sound that good. No where near as nice as a 348/355/360.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    I probably wouldn't wear that shirt with that jacket either but it's not that bad........
    Outrageous! Ok, yep, the shirt and jacket go together as well as the silver and yellow on the Ferrari, not very well.

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post

Outrageous!

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    Bit harsh. I mean, I probably wouldn't wear that shirt with that jacket either but it's not that bad........

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Blanchard View Post
    Hi All,

had my first look at the 296 GTB yesterday (at Maranello Egham) and it seems a nice looking car. Cabin access wasn't brilliant, my 6ft 5 frame struggled to get in and out of it. If I had the money to buy one, which I don't, not sure I'd be happy with a V6 engine. Still I wish Ferrari luck with it.

Here are some photos, including my ugly mug:
    Name:  IMG_8165.jpg
Size:  72.1 KBName:  IMG_8142.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  75.3 KBName:  IMG_8140.jpg
Size:  83.9 KB

I'm 6'3" and have had my V8 (F430) car from virtually new.

I selected a carbon Sports seats car (delivery miles only at the time) for precisely the reason that they gave more legroom than the regular seats.

I then had the seat rails modified (drilled a single additional hole in each in order to utilise pre-existing alternative mounting points) to move the seat mounting back some 25mm.

This made a massive difference and took me from believing a V8 would never be the car for me to one where i have owned it since and have done some epic journey's in.

This would be my advice for anyone 6ft plus wanting a V8. In contrast My wife is 4' 11" and so i have used the Hill engineering sports seat spacer solution to stop her getting dead legs in it.

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Saw it the other day as well at Dick Lovett.

Didnt think I'd like it but I actaully really do. Will have to see what it sounds like; but all the videos it sounds fairly muted. :
    That will be the particulate filters that are now mandatory for all ICE vehicles.

Luckily the modern V8's now have a patented mechanical / sonic device pumping engine intake / exhaust noise directly into the cabin via the rear bulk head so they definitely sound better from within than they do outside.

patent info here https://driving.ca/auto-news/news/fe...t-to-your-face
    Last edited by Modificato; 11-11-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast