Thread: Leather Care - What do you use?

BSM is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    Ben

Default Leather Care - What do you use?

Think I'm going to remove the seats from the 360 this winter whilst giving the car a really thorough clean and treatment inside and out

Main objective is a good clean, condition and protect newly 'Restored' leather.

So what do you use / recommend treatment wise and what about brushes, sponges/applicators and cloths?

Not sure if the colour will effect recommendations but the car has Racing Seats finished in Sabia, lower half of the dash and door cards etc... also in Sabia. Dash top is finished in Nero.

I've done some reading and it seems Leatherique may be a good option but happy to hear first hand experiences and recommendations from other Ferrari owners

Ben.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Iíve only used Gliptone cleaner and conditioner. Worked out for me but I find you get limited penetration of the leather conditioner due to the factory colouring/coating.

Garvin is offline Salesman's average 3 Series BMW Club Member
    Name
    Garvin

Depends how dirty the leather is.

If it’s pretty grubby then Leatherique is a good option especially if you can leave the trim for a few days for the first treatment (Rejuvenator Oil) to do its business before finishing off with the second treatment (Pristine Clean).

If just requiring a good clean and condition then the Gliptone (Liquid Leather) cleaner followed by the conditioner does a good job.

The cleaners work by ‘pulling’ the dirt out of the leather so need time or a couple of treatments to do their stuff.

If the leather is new and fully treated/sealed then baby wipes may be all that is required.

Regarding brushes etc. - nothing special. For really soiled bits use a soft nail brush to agitate the cleaner but don’t use the cheap nylon bristle brushes, they can damage the leather. For cloths use towelling flannels or microfibre.
    Last edited by Garvin; 15-11-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    I like red & cream!

BSM is offline Pink pimped up Vauxhall Corsa Club Member
    Name
    Ben

Thanks for the replies gents.

With this forming part of my winter 'to do's list, the seats being out of the car for a while isn't an issue. I guess the best way forward is to get them removed and then see how soiled they really are before deciding on how much cleaning is going to be required and this may aid the decision on either Leatherique or Gliptone...

Even though the lighting in our garage is pretty damn good, I'm sure them being out of the car and less shadows being cast upon them will make assessing the overall condition and soiling of the leather much easier