Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost of seat retrim?

Name
    Rob Farmiloe

Thank you all for the replies. Gives a fair idea.
    Rob

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

I’d agree with the above; at £5k somebody is adding some “Ferrari” tax to that.

It’s difficult balance to a) find somebody you have confidence will do a good job and b) isn’t trying to rip you off.

Personally at £5k I’d go elsewhere.

Be careful with the scope creep. As Pete says if you do one bit, the next will look crap next to it so you will want to do that as well. If you do the door cards to match the seat, you will be doing the dash as well as the flows from the door cards. When I had my dash done; I had to have the door cards done for this reason. Fortunately the trimmer wasn’t into adding Ferrari tax.

Garvin is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Garvin

My door cards etc. are in pretty good condition. The trimmer (as instructed) matched the colour of the leather and stitching ‘spot on’ so no need for scope creep! Yes, need to research carefully to find the quality and trustworthiness. I did get my trimmers to do a minor bit of trimming on another vehicle (headlining) to test out the whole ‘service level’ before handing the F355 over to their care.
    I like red & cream!

Name
    Mark

Take the seats out of the car and tell the trimmers they're from a kit car, origin unknown. If you have to have embroidery or a logo of some kind, tell them it's a cheap kit based on an MR2.

Name
    Gavin

Looked at a car today (355) which I assumed was an original “perfect” interior, being a low mileage car.
    however when going through the service and receipts, I found it had had both seats and the centre console retrimmed. It was a fantastic job, really good.
    cost was £1500 (in 2016) from “Hampshire Trimming”.

Name
    Rob Farmiloe

My brother has booked his car in now, having about £35k of work to bring it back to (hopefully) mint condition.

Its funny how some seats go tatty, having crema with contrast stitching is not the safest option.

My 360 has black race seats and at 20 years old are still perfect. Easy to clean and feed once a year though.

Garvin is offline Hairdresser's Mercedes SLK Club Member
    Name
    Garvin

Any seat with contrast stitching is never the 'safest' option. Without contrast stitching it is pretty straightforward to undertake some re-connolising, even with the seats in situ, at very reasonable cost and with good results.

£35k is some fettling. I thought I spent a lot on fettling but I'm just over £30k at the moment and that includes a full body respray, engine compartment oil tank and side plates refurbished in crackle black, complete repair and sticky removal of all controls (by StickyRX in the US), seats and dash re-trim, powder coated cam covers in crackle red, completely refurbished magnesium wheels, replacement door sill plates plus a whole bunch of minor bits and pieces.
    I like red & cream!

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by El donkey View Post
    My brother has booked his car in now, having about £35k of work to bring it back to (hopefully) mint condition.

Its funny how some seats go tatty, having crema with contrast stitching is not the safest option.

My 360 has black race seats and at 20 years old are still perfect. Easy to clean and feed once a year though.
    This “restoration” was around that price. https://www.grandstandcoachworks.com/ferrari355

Should be concours at the end

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12