Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 355 key fob out of sync...

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

edit: removed potentially incorrect post. I've just re-read my attachment properly and you're right, it talks about new fobs only. My comment about the red fob being used to re-sync black fobs is also incorrect. Apologies.
    Last edited by tom; 14-01-2022 at 11:05 AM.

Name
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    edit: removed potentially incorrect post. I've just re-read my attachment properly and you're right, it talks about new fobs only. My comment about the red fob being used to re-sync black fobs is also incorrect. Apologies.
    Nuts

Name
    jos

There have been suggestions over the years of UK cloning (maybe try Aldous/Trev as noted by Tom) otherwise the nearest is Eric355 in France - its kind of scarey sending your only fob so schedule it for a couple of weeks when the car is not likely to be used - there may also be better solutions now that Aldous/Eric/Gobble can advise about

tom is offline You thought the Enzo was ugly? - The Ferrari FXX Club Member
    Name
    Tom

I believe your options are:

* Buy a new immobiliser and 3 fobs from Ferrari (££££)
    * Find someone who can clone your red fob onto the black one (£?)
    * Have the immobiliser disabled - increasingly popular on 360s as they fail (£?)
    * Keep mashing the button on the black one in the hope that it is already a clone and just needs to be caught up to the red one (£0)

I'd certainly speak to AV first though.

Mike01606 is offline Kid's bed - The Ferrari F50 Club Member
    Name
    Mike M

Quote Originally Posted by tom View Post
    I believe your options are:

* Buy a new immobiliser and 3 fobs from Ferrari (££££)
    * Find someone who can clone your red fob onto the black one (£?)
    * Have the immobiliser disabled - increasingly popular on 360s as they fail (£?)
    * Keep mashing the button on the black one in the hope that it is already a clone and just needs to be caught up to the red one (£0)

I'd certainly speak to AV first though.
    [emoji106] I’d add….
    If you can get the alarm PIN from Ferrari you can (or could) just buy a set of 3 new fobs which come with a new PIN.
    The alarm is put into programming mode using the old PIN and the new red fob overwrites the old PIN with the new one whilst sync’ing the new fobs. The old fobs are then useless but can be sold on to recover some of the money.

My 360 (which I think used the same system as later 355’s) came without the PIN or red fob. I got the PIN from Ferrari free of charge and at the time, a new set of 3 fobs was £300.
    I didn’t bother buying them in the end as I had two black working fobs.
    There’s a lot of mis info on the red one which as above, once used first time to code the immo just becomes a boring normal one.

Personally having cloned fobs sharing the same rolling code would drive me nuts!

Name
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by Mike01606 View Post
    [emoji106] I’d add….
    If you can get the alarm PIN from Ferrari you can (or could) just buy a set of 3 new fobs which come with a new PIN.
    The alarm is put into programming mode using the old PIN and the new red fob overwrites the old PIN with the new one whilst sync’ing the new fobs. The old fobs are then useless but can be sold on to recover some of the money.

My 360 (which I think used the same system as later 355’s) came without the PIN or red fob. I got the PIN from Ferrari free of charge and at the time, a new set of 3 fobs was £300.
    I didn’t bother buying them in the end as I had two black working fobs.
    There’s a lot of mis info on the red one which as above, once used first time to code the immo just becomes a boring normal one.

Personally having cloned fobs sharing the same rolling code would drive me nuts!
    Thanks, thats interesting.
    Once ferrari dealer wants €350 to get the pin from maranello
    But I'm waiting to hear back from the one I think is the supplying dealer who may have a record of it.

At the moment I only have 1 working fob, so would be nice at the least to have a 'backup'.

mon the fish is offline Frankenstein's monster - The Ferrari F430 Committee Member
    Name
    Gordon

My car (550) came with one fob. I got it cloned as a back-up, but having to press the fob 20 times (once out of sync) to get in got boring quite quickly.

I got a new alarm ECU and 3 new fobs for about £600 fitted through my indie, that was 5 years ago. All the new fobs came black, one is stickered up as the master.

Very intrigued to hear about the combined key/fob by Gobble on FChat - I'm off for a look.

Edit: link to fob thread: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...50-575.653846/
    Last edited by mon the fish; 17-01-2022 at 12:57 PM.

Name
    Gavin

Quote Originally Posted by mon the fish View Post
    Very intrigued to hear about the combined key/fob by Gobble on FChat - I'm off for a look.

Edit: link to fob thread: https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/th...50-575.653846/
    wow, yes that looks good! - assume it's the same for the 355, I'll jump over and take a look.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12