Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F12 n largo s

F12 n largo s is offline Burnt out Rover Metro Sponsor
    Name
    Carl

Quote Originally Posted by wheels1 View Post
    Your better off buying from a Ferrari dealer, then you will get a 2 year warranty with the car.
    The difference between the 599 and f12 is night and day from a driving perspective. I had both back in the day and bought another f12 a year and a half ago as I liked it so much. I also have a GTS coming this summer but will keep the F12, I can't see it going down much if any, and its a great touring car as well as track car if you want it to be.

Absolutely stunning grant lovely f12, I can't decide given the choice if I want black or dark cream interior, I always associate red and dark cream interior with a Ferrari likely from Miami vice or the other one with the 308 in it with Tom selleck

Here's some more pics of the novitec I'm keen on

Name:  DM2322-jmrrwoct.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  61.2 KB

Name:  DM2322-apzrinxn.jpg
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  DM2322-babzrlpm.jpg
Size:  56.3 KB

Name:  DM2322-mydhksfy.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  64.8 KB

Name:  DM2322-yhhzcxnm.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  73.7 KB

Modificato is offline Nowhere to put the shopping -The Ferrari F40 Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by A348W View Post
    Personally for any car I have bought, including the Ferraris, I've written that money off as soon as I get the keys. Its nice to get some back when/if you sell but I'm not reliant upon it for anything.

My advise, buy what you like, drive it as often as possible and just enjoy it.
    My approach too.

I can’t enjoy cars if I am worried about their value - remember that creeping into an old management car scheme back when I was living a corporate life. Fretting about return standards and the like. Not for me.

I see the F12 and the 812 being just like previous used V12’s they will depreciate to around about 1/3rd of their original MRSP inc options and then sit there until they enjoy a retirement age buyer surge for 5-10 years and then fade away again.

I am sure that Taylor made cars and old name coach builder modified cars will become special in the long term but I’m afraid that unless the name of the modifier has history and cache the mods won’t be valued. Novitec cars depreciate like crazy.

For modern Ferrari’s when valuing them my first instinct is now the spec. Are they laden with options? Then I go to year and condition. Low mileage is actually off putting for me as I look for cars that have been used regularly. Seen way too many issues with cars only used occasionally.

Name
    Carl

I've checked all uk ferrari dealers today only one f12 in stock a black one
    But loads of superfast 812 for sale, absolutely loads !!

Are the f12s getting to old for dealers now hence most being for sale privately or non official dealers ?

A348W is offline No I'm Spartacus Club Member
    Name
    Adrian

Quote Originally Posted by F12 n largo s View Post
    I've checked all uk ferrari dealers today only one f12 in stock a black one
    But loads of superfast 812 for sale, absolutely loads !!

Are the f12s getting to old for dealers now hence most being for sale privately or non official dealers ?
    They are older; but dealer quality ones still go through them. My local main dealer had several last year; at least that were on the showroom floor; they werenít there long. I know cars donít even hit the website and are sold before they come in.

There is a lot of demand at the moment so if you want a main dealer one, Iíd suggest a few trips/ conversations to make sure they know who you are and what you want.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    For modern Ferrariís when valuing them my first instinct is now the spec. Are they laden with options? Then I go to year and condition. Low mileage is actually off putting for me as I look for cars that have been used regularly. Seen way too many issues with cars only used occasionally.
    This is pretty much it, although personally I'd go condition before spec. Don't get caught up in the low mileage bs

Nosevi is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Committee Member
    Name
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodo View Post
    This is pretty much it, although personally I'd go condition before spec. Don't get caught up in the low mileage bs
    Iím with you on the first point. On the second, right or wrong, the market will value your car based on mileage when you come to sell, just a fact of life woth the Ferrari market. Iíd always look at codition first though.

Name
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Nosevi View Post
    ...On the second, right or wrong, the market will value your car based on mileage when you come to sell, just a fact of life with the Ferrari market.
    Very true, rightly or wrongly. The sad fact is the idiocy around mileage steers people to consider a Ferrari a fragile car when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth. If you buy at the right price point you then sell accordingly. Buying a car with a sensible mileage will be a better car and cheaper, although you'll want it to have been properly looked after and be nice cosmetically of course.
    I think buying a low mileage car if you're considering protecting your 'investment' (and if it's considered low mileage for a Ferrari then by any other other standard it'll be incredibly low) is foolish as you simply can't use it without fear of destroying the value, or at least the daft premium paid upon purchase. A little further down the line a great many people are going to regret not driving their dream cars that they've managed to buy and then effectively 'store'.

Name
    Carl

Well I've put an offer in on a Ferrari used approved stock f12, just gotta wait now

Had a very respectable insurance quote admiral 2000 miles a year, fully comp with 0 no claims £1000 a year. I thought that was very good considering value of car

Seller has said £260000 is minimum for novitec car and I'm not paying that at 28000 miles far to much money imo

Name
    Grant

Quote Originally Posted by F12 n largo s View Post
    Well I've put an offer in on a Ferrari used approved stock f12, just gotta wait now

Had a very respectable insurance quote admiral 2000 miles a year, fully comp with 0 no claims £1000 a year. I thought that was very good considering value of car

Seller has said £260000 is minimum for novitec car and I'm not paying that at 28000 miles far to much money imo
    Give "Classic line" a call re insurance, much better if you need to claim.
    If you get one please let me know, I run the Anglia ferrari Owners club and we should be doing a lot this year.

Name
    Carl

Name:  Screenshot_20220122-221633.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  29.0 KB

This is the list of optional extras on the car I've made an offer on, if I got the correct prices which I think I have I make it just over £60k in extras 😮

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast