Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869

Thread: 348 GTC - How many still around & value?

Name
    Mark

The Scuderia is a little bit maligned, as although it is marketed as a track car the benefits of precision engineering actually make it a better road car than an F430, but with a more pronounced split personality. For one, the ride is quite exceptional due to the reduced unsprung weight - it's a notable difference. Ditto the later F1.

If driving around with the valves closed it's a genuinely comfortable car. Even the seats are excellent for touring.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by MWStewart View Post
    The Scuderia is a little bit maligned, as although it is marketed as a track car the benefits of precision engineering actually make it a better road car than an F430, but with a more pronounced split personality. For one, the ride is quite exceptional due to the reduced unsprung weight - it's a notable difference. Ditto the later F1.

If driving around with the valves closed it's a genuinely comfortable car. Even the seats are excellent for touring.
    Ditto to that.

Didn’t you get the geometry done to your taste Mark?

Name
    cgt

Quote Originally Posted by Modificato View Post
    Like when Schumacher said of the Scuderia “it’s crap on the road now - you have to take the stiffness out for road work”.
    Lol
    Did he really? I was actually at the 430 Scuderia launch in 2007 where MS and Luca D both spoke extensively about the car. Michael was raving about how good it was, he got quite detailed in his explanations of the technical differences and his own input.

I recall it clearly as whenever I heard him speak in person I was always impressed how concise and detailed he could be in English.

https://i.postimg.cc/HszYBKrV/Screen...1-Facebook.jpg
    Last edited by cgt; 28-07-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Modificato is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Club Member
    Name
    CPD

Quote Originally Posted by cgt View Post
    Did he really? I was actually at the 430 Scuderia launch in 2007 where MS and Luca D both spoke extensively about the car. Michael was raving about how good it was, he got quite detailed in his explanations of the technical differences and his own input.

I recall it clearly as whenever I heard him speak in person I was always impressed how concise and detailed he could be in English.

https://i.postimg.cc/HszYBKrV/Screen...1-Facebook.jpg
    There is an important clue in my MS quote right after the last “ it says LOL

Name
    cgt

There is an important clue in my MS quote right after the last “ it says LOL
    Aha! His passion for the Scud definitely came through loud and clear, quite a memorable event. I think he was also bored being newly retired as he spoke far longer than expected.

Name
    Mark

Ditto to that.

Didn’t you get the geometry done to your taste Mark?
    I did, Chris. It really made the front end feel more alive. I'm very happy with the handling.

Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1959676869