Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: 348 GTC - How many still around & value?

Name
    Paul

I did read that the LHD models had the pedals but not RHD as they didn't make them to fit. Could be wrong though!

Name
    Chris Gilmartin

I called Graypaul on Sunday afternoon and had a chat. Apparently it's come in on a P/X for a 360 from someone in Haywards Heath (or Hemel Hempstead? was H-H anyway) and was sold to him by Graypaul a few years back. They also recovered the seats at that time. The bloke I talked to said it's VGC (but then I suppose he would) and needs very little doing to it to get it to their 'saleable' condition. He couldn't remember the number but reckons it is one of the later ones, which makes sense as it has a splitter.

I can't believe I waited years for a GTC to come up, bought one from Manchester, then one appears for sale in Sevenoaks (10 miles from where I was living) and another appears in Nottingham (10 miles from family home in Derbyshire)!

Still, I love it all the same :smile:
    CG

Name
    James

Quote Originally Posted by chris_gilmartin
    I called Graypaul on Sunday afternoon and had a chat. Apparently it's come in on a P/X for a 360 from someone in Haywards Heath (or Hemel Hempstead? was H-H anyway) and was sold to him by Graypaul a few years back. They also recovered the seats at that time. The bloke I talked to said it's VGC (but then I suppose he would) and needs very little doing to it to get it to their 'saleable' condition. He couldn't remember the number but reckons it is one of the later ones, which makes sense as it has a splitter.

I can't believe I waited years for a GTC to come up, bought one from Manchester, then one appears for sale in Sevenoaks (10 miles from where I was living) and another appears in Nottingham (10 miles from family home in Derbyshire)!

Still, I love it all the same :smile:
    CG
    It says the car was registered January 95, on an M plate. So that makes it certainly one of the last.

Name
    James

Seen as we seem to have pretty much all the UK GTC owners, bar Nick Taylor and Nick Frost, in the thread, this would be a good chance to propose an idea.

I don't know how many of you are or will be members of the FOC, but i was thinking of asking Mr. Everingham about a 348 GTC display at the national concours one year, if not, a separate meet could be organised. But wouldn't it be nice to see all 7 or 8 lined up!?!?

Name
    Paul

I'd be up for a meet, perhaps we could get an email group together to arrange something?

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Quote Originally Posted by pdavison
    I'd be up for a meet, perhaps we could get an email group together to arrange something?
    The FOC will pass on correspondence if you want to make contact and they have the necessary address details.

Jonathan

Terry is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Terry

Don't forget to tell the rest of us where and when.

Name
    Chris Gilmartin

Worth noting that the Hill Climb championship (with the GTCs in it) is heading to Curborough on August 20th. I'm going to try to get there if possible. Apart from that I'm happy to meet up if we can arrange something.
    CG

Name
    Paul

Whereabouts is Curborough?

jtremlett is offline Overpriced piece of old tat - Ferrari 250 GTO Club Member
    Name
    J Tremlett

Whereabouts is Curborough?
    From the circuit website: "Curborough is situated off the A38 at Fradley Park, between Lichfield and Burton upon Trent in Staffordshire."

Jonathan

Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast