Thread: Track day insurance – again…

Name
    Oded

Default Track day insurance – again…

I have booked a coached track day with Andrew Welsh (him of Northweald airfield fame) in Abbeville, France.

Having searched the forum for insurance, I came with two names:

1. Morris, who can offer me insurance with claim limit of £30,000. Premuim is £350 and excess is £7,500.
    2. Competition Car Insurance who can cover up to my car’s market value but want £543 premium and £10,000 (!!!!!) excess.

Neither of these is very appealing so looking for alternative ideas / insurers etc…
    Last edited by contiki; 13-07-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Name
    Ravi

Quote Originally Posted by contiki
    I have booked a coached track day with Andrew Welsh (him of Northweald airfield fame) in Abbeville, France.

1. Morris, who can offer me insurance with claim limit of £30,000. Premuim is £350 and excess is £7,500.
    2. Competition Car Insurance who can cover up to my car’s market value but want £543 premium and £10,000 (!!!!!) excess.

Neither of these is very appealing so looking for alternative ideas / insurers etc…

Oded, have you tried calling your existing insurer, they may well do it. Altenatively try AON. IMO I wouldn't bother, most circuits have good run off and gravel where they don't (umless you go to oulton / cadwell pak ), and the cost of the premium and excess may well outweigh any damage you do.

Name
    JW

How much cover are you trying to get?

Name
    Oded

Quote Originally Posted by Ravi 355
    Oded, have you tried calling your existing insurer, they may well do it.
    They wil not, sadly. Will try AON.

I was trying to insure against a value of £90,000 - £100,000 which is the region I believe my car worth (???). Not sure whether I need to insure against the full value ...

Angelis is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Club Member
    Name
    Sy

They wil not, sadly. Will try AON.
    If I recall correctly, AON ask for proof that you've attended supervised track days before.

GrahamS is offline Crop rotation in the 14th century was CONSIDERABLY more widespread after John... Admin dude
    Name
    GrandmasterG

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis
    If I recall correctly, AON ask for proof that you've attended supervised track days before.
    You do recall correctly. i had to ask Peter Everingham from the FOC to mail them with confirmation of my previous experience.

I think they'll still cover you if you're a novice but there's a fee involved

Name
    Oded

The track day is supervised - by Andrew Welsh.

Would AON insure me for the trackday alone or will they insist I will move my poilicy to them? I am happy with Chubbs and having just moved my other insurances to them I am somewhat reluctant to move the car policy away.