Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 355 soft top

Name
    S J Walker

Default 355 soft top

Looked at a 355 Spider the other day and its starting to wear through where it folds back , can pannels of the roof be replaced or is it a whole new roof Also what about replacement of the rear screen?? expensive?? do you know anyone who will repair-replace the above??

Name
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by sjw ferrari
    Looked at a 355 Spider the other day and its starting to wear through where it folds back , can pannels of the roof be replaced or is it a whole new roof Also what about replacement of the rear screen?? expensive?? do you know anyone who will repair-replace the above??
    As far as Im aware each panel can be replaced but its matching the colour that could be tricky.

Dave

Name
    Ade

I had a whole new roof cover / back panel put on. It was somewhere between 2-3K insurance claim IIRC. Was really stiff for a while after that.

Before I had this done I had pretty bad wear marks on one particular fold as well. I tried several times to repair it using a fibre repair kit (from Halfords) , but it never really worked. Best way to stop it getting worse was to put something in the fold to stop it rubbing while the roof was down

Name
    Subir

A good car restoration place will be able to replace any roof panels required. If you go to a reputable outfit that has experience of working on classics/historics they will be able to do a good job and match the colours well enough. Not that expensive either if you are talking about 1 or 2 panels. Should cost less than 500.

Name
    S J Walker

Quote Originally Posted by subirg
    A good car restoration place will be able to replace any roof panels required. If you go to a reputable outfit that has experience of working on classics/historics they will be able to do a good job and match the colours well enough. Not that expensive either if you are talking about 1 or 2 panels. Should cost less than 500.

Sounds good, although as Dave said the colour match could be tricky!!!

tonyh is offline Bus station dosser Club Member
    Name
    Tony H

mine went in same place on LHS of hood. When i sold car , dealer had panel stiched in . Might be worth asking them who they used ? Ask for Peter Brook

www.lawtonbrook.co.uk

stevew is offline Post whore with no life, no friends, and a problem fitting into normal social circles Expert
    Name
    Steve

Don't forget that you will have to remove the hood from the frame to carry out any repairs that involves stitching in new material, once the repairs are done the hood will then need refitting to the frame.Might be easier to look at the cost of a new hood.I'm sure there is somewhere in the states selling replacement hoods at a reasonable price.

Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by stevew
    Don't forget that you will have to remove the hood from the frame to carry out any repairs that involves stitching in new material, once the repairs are done the hood will then need refitting to the frame.Might be easier to look at the cost of a new hood.I'm sure there is somewhere in the states selling replacement hoods at a reasonable price.
    About 1100 fitted from either one of these companies:

http://www.carhood.com/contact.html
    http://www.hoodsgaloreuk.co.uk/portfolio.htm

Name
    S J Walker

Quote Originally Posted by LazyLobster
    About 1100 fitted from either one of these companies:

http://www.carhood.com/contact.html
    http://www.hoodsgaloreuk.co.uk/portfolio.htm

Dont think that is too dear at that price as long as its good quality

Name
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by sjw ferrari
    Dont think that is too dear at that price as long as its good quality
    The words bargin spring to mind ! How much for an OEM from Ferrari UK????

The canvas is top quality german material, comes from these people:

http://www.duettomotors.com/tops/fer...tible_tops.htm

who I think they get their stock from Haartz. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast