Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 360 v 430 F1 shift speed

Name
    Phil Hughes

Default 360 v 430 F1 shift speed

Ok first of all, I've put the same thread over on the dark side.... even though I'm British, I live in Oz, and am not really aware of what happened to cause the tiff, but I do want to help and be helped, wherever it comes from or goes to....

I know 360 intimately but not 430 (who does yet).

I want to know where the differences are that make the 430 F1 so FAST, and if I can apply them to a 360.

is it just software?

Are the gearbox internals significantly different? (synchro's, selector forks?)

Is it the F1 pump pressure/actuators??

What is it?

Malcolm?? Any other technical guys....

Dale is offline Looks like a 308 to me? -The Ferrari 288 GTO Expert
    Name
    Dale

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ferrarifixer
    Ok first of all, I've put the same thread over on the dark side.... even though I'm British, I live in Oz, and am not really aware of what happened to cause the tiff, but I do want to help and be helped, wherever it comes from or goes to....

I want to know where the differences are that make the 430 F1 so FAST, and if I can apply them to a 360.

is it just software?

What is it?

phil was looking at a lot of tech stuff today on the 430 tran's,a work m8 of mine went on 430 training course last week,did'nt have much time to go though the stuff in detail but will get me hands on it and pm what i can cus i cant post that info on a forum m8,you know what i mean,havent been on this course yet phil,but from what i was told today its good m8.

Dale.

Name
    Malcolm W

is it just software?

What is it?

Hi Phil,

Firstly I'm not that "up to speed" with F430 so I guess it's better left to those guys that have "hands on experience". What I would say is that it is not just software, the gearbox / differential is one of the major contributions to the car's performance. It's like going from a 355 to 360, the differences are so noticable, but trying to make a 355 perform like a 360 just isn't worth the cost.

Name
    Phil Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Ferraritech
    Hi Phil,

Firstly I'm not that "up to speed" with F430 so I guess it's better left to those guys that have "hands on experience". What I would say is that it is not just software, the gearbox / differential is one of the major contributions to the car's performance. It's like going from a 355 to 360, the differences are so noticable, but trying to make a 355 perform like a 360 just isn't worth the cost.
    Yeah maybe, but the gearbox on the 430 "looks" almost the same as a 360, with the exception of the ediff fixtures etc....

So, is the internals where the secret to quick shifts lies...

or does the F1 system run a whole better system... through pressures/software etc..

eg... min hydraulic value on a 360 is 42 Bar I think, or is it 47... anyway, it runs at 50 bar in normal circumstances..

so what is the 430 min hydraulic pressure value?

Can I use a 430 TCU, do I just need a simple part??

Does anyone have the spec sheet... 360 have triple cone synchro on 1st and 2nd, and double on the rest... what does the 430 have?

Name
    Malcolm W

Yeah maybe, but the gearbox on the 430 "looks" almost the same as a 360, with the exception of the ediff fixtures etc....

So, is the internals where the secret to quick shifts lies...

or does the F1 system run a whole better system... through pressures/software etc..

eg... min hydraulic value on a 360 is 42 Bar I think, or is it 47... anyway, it runs at 50 bar in normal circumstances..

so what is the 430 min hydraulic pressure value?

Can I use a 430 TCU, do I just need a simple part??

Does anyone have the spec sheet... 360 have triple cone synchro on 1st and 2nd, and double on the rest... what does the 430 have?
    Phil,

Agree - I recon it's down to the e-diff, TCU and gear ratios, but only my opinion.

The minimum hydraulic pressure is the same as 360 - on at 42bar and off at 60 bar.

The 430 has same syncros as 360 - triple cone on 1st and 2nd, in fact most of the internals look the same. Here's some shots of the gear trains for 360 and 430.

I'll try and find out what the difference is between the gear / final drive ratios are
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Name
    Malcolm W

Gear and final drive data...................
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Name
    Phil Hughes

yep, that looks the same... what about the actuators and the valve body with all the PPV and QPV valves... are they the same...

Name
    Phil Hughes

Ratios are as close that makes no odds

Name
    Phil Hughes

yep, that looks the same... what about the actuators and the valve body with all the PPV and QPV valves... are they the same...
    and the F1 pump and flexible lines

Name
    Phil Hughes

and the F1 pump and flexible lines
    and the clutch, maybe the 430 has a trick clutch??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast