Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by kryten22uk

1. kryten22uk

Selling car - foreign buyer (Malta) - dodgy?

I'm selling my SLK55 and have had tue ad on Auto Trader for a week and in the time i've been contacted a number of times by a guy in Malta (+356 number). I hadn't answered the phone but he left voice mail and sent an email asking about the car and enquiring if he can pay in Euros. I responded...
  2. kryten22uk

When is a classic car no longer original (Triggers Broom syndrome)

Why are damage-repaired classic cars not considered to be replicas? Over time, a classic car can almost entirely be replaced with "new" parts. Engines could blow up and be replaced/rebuilt, bent panels replaced, wheels/tyres replaced, worn parts replaced, etc. Hence in theory (as with...
  3. kryten22uk

Radio2 F1 Charity Auction

Been listening to Chris Evans on Radio2 describing the amazing F1 prize in the Children in Need auction. Private jet, grid walk, meet the stars etc. But a couple of things strike me as odd. 1. If you're rich enough to place the 100k bid required, then you're probably doing this sort of...
  4. kryten22uk

Accident: paying direct and not involv insurer

My sis had a minor accident (small dent to bonnet of 3rd party). They swapped names and phone numbers (not insurance details). She's just had a call from her insurer to say that someone has lodged a claim. Given that it's so petty and won't exceed her excess, can she still tell her insurers to...
  5. kryten22uk

Q for RRS owners

On my MY12 RRS, the reversing camera has superimposed yellow lines which are supposed to tell you (at a guess) where the wheels would be if you continued to reverse. These yellow lines are static and do not change whether you are reversing in a straight line or a bend. This makes them...
  6. kryten22uk

Microsoft Surface

Thinking of getting one. Anyone know how I can see before I buy? Seems that only sales in UK are online.
  7. kryten22uk

Multiple mobile phone fraud at my address - how do they do it?

Recently received a letter from Vodafone and one from Orange, saying thankyou for getting a mobile and for setting up direct debit. The name and address is mine, but the bank account details stated for the DD are not. I phoned up Vodafone, and they actually took out 2 phones on the same day...
  8. kryten22uk

Raikkonen: Interview god

Another classic from verbally challenged Raikkonen this weekend; an interviewer's nightmare. The following was the result when he was interviewed in the press-pen, following his spin-out in Q3 of qualifying: Sky Interviewer: Kimi, what happened? Kimi: I spun. Sky Interviewer: Bit of a...
  9. kryten22uk

Tipping for expensive meals

Got a meal out tonight that I've already paid for, so am left with the direct quandary regarding tip. Now I'm not normally a good tipper; I prefer to tip for excellent service but believe that good service is something that should be expected in a nice restaurant, not paid extra for. Now...
  10. kryten22uk

Possible to disable calls on iPhone but keep wifi?

Want to remove the ability to make any calls from my iPhone including emergency calls (which don't need a sim), but retain the ability to connect to wifi. In effect, i want to turn my old iPhone into an iPod touch.
  11. kryten22uk

Why can't the Tapatalk app cope with pound sign?

It's annoying that when posting messages using the Tapatalk app on my iPhone, it posts the £ sign as an alpha-numeric code with hash tags. The app doesnt have a problem with displaying the pound sign, as it does so fine if a post was written from a desktop browser. Is there a way for mods...
  12. kryten22uk

Why is TDF blu called TDF?

Why name a colour after a cycle race? Indeed has Ferrari ever had anything to do with the TDF? What next; Grimsby Half Marathon Green?
  13. kryten22uk

Friday afternoon fun

This, I thought, was very gigglesome. www.27bslash6.com/halogen.html
  14. kryten22uk

Is a day trip to Spa doable?

Im half thinking about a day trip to the Spa GP, an wondering if it's possible (with comfort). The Eurostar timings would leave it pretty much impossible. Could do it with flights from Brussels, but not cheap. Was thinking maybe driving. It's 210miles from Calais to Spa. So, say 3-4 hrs...
  15. kryten22uk

Shouldn't the 2013 provis calendar be out?

Isn't it about time the provisional calendar for 2013 season is out?