Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by NickTruman

1. N

Ferrari Popup Headlights

Hi Guys The motor went on my 308, the tufnol worm gear stripped itself on the upside and as you probably know, these bits are not available But good news.. Fiat X1/9 Motors are same.. you have to strip the Fiat connector off, but the wire colours are all identical. The only difference is the...
  2. N

1978 308 Gt4 being done up :)

Here are the next lot; there doesn't seem to be that much progress, the car has less paint on it now and more bare metal, the rear arch and rear panel have beem repaired really well. I should have it back from the end of August in time for the rain and snow of Autumn and Winter :(
  3. N

YouTube :)

Hi Guys I don't know what normal YouTube activity is, but I have to say my channel is having a bit of a resurrection In Feb I put my Zonda up for sale on eBay and attached a short video, as usual i monetised the video. over the month i earned £296. and that was that. Then the Daily Mail did a...
  4. N

Number plates..

Guys Do you sanity check a number plate when you buy a car? My GT4's number plate is nice, UYR4S, looks sort of like "your ass" BUT Recently I have seen 2 cars with dubious number plates, yesterday , on a Renault Clio - could have been a personalised plate for a 57 year old lesbian?, or this one..
  5. N

Thanks Mark :D I've been sorting out the front valance today. I picked it up from the bodyshop yesterday it had totally destroyed itself, hitting speed bumps etc.. Anyway all better now!
  6. N

My car went off quite a while ago to be rid of its rust, today I got the call to say work had started in earnest. I was quite shocked when I turned up to see it all broken.. But apparently in 2 weeks it will all be better and back home.
  7. N

Bumped the Ferrari

Here is my as it appeared in practical classics
  8. N

Bumped the Ferrari

That's it... my car has gone now. I can visit it regularly as its only a few miles away. Hopefully in 2 months i will have it back and can get it back to A1 condition. I took the driver's seat out and fitted the passenger one in its place, wow that felt so different and firm! Don't know why i...
  9. N

Bumped the Ferrari

All authorised :) The inspector said he thought my car was worth between £40000 and £50000. I am happy :D - he said its a very honest clean nice car. I'm very happy :D My Compomotive split rims will go on when its all restored.
  10. N

Any AC Geeks?

I just managed to buy a York AC compressor for my GT4, I still need to find the brackets and the tensioner. This unit has been stood a while and is very very tight. I don't want to strip it down but somehow need to soak the insides in penetrating oil. Do you think if I fill it with brake fluid...
  11. N

Bumped the Ferrari

What a numpty, yesterday the builders needed to get into my garage, so I pulled the car out and parked it further down the drive, last night I backed it into the road to put it back into the garage and reversed straight into a neighbours new Audi. I couldn't see any damage to the Audi - (but it...
  12. N

No more crawling on the floor

Today I tried the pit out and adjusted the handbrake on the 308, so much nicer than using a jack :) The pit could probably do with being a couple of feet wider and a couple of inches deeper. But still well happy.
  13. N

No more crawling on the floor

YEH!! No more crawling on the floor under cars, I am now the owner of a hole in my garage floor :D Concrete is still a bit wet; but well chuffed!
  14. N

New wheels, not quite, but nice :_

Hi Guys After much angst over my 308 GT4's 18" rims I have at last found a set of rims I like. I bought a set of Compomotive FH600 split rims. They were on a burnt out GT4 and look like they have been on the car since the early 80s. The wheels are date stamped 1984 and the Pirellis are dated the...
  15. N

My garage looks cool

Thanks Matt! This is a graph from YouTube of the last video's performance, its big in Taiwan!