Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by Pangea

1. Pangea

348 make it the best

Those bolts are a pain to get out. Easy to say in retrospect but they are best left alone . I managed to get mine out but it took a little while moving back and forth. No heat used as not to damage the finish of the caliper... I think they had been removed previously at some point in the distant...
  2. Pangea

348 make it the best

Ok. Not always been the case but good to know.
  3. Pangea

348 make it the best

Where did you see the ATE seal kits if you dont mind me asking ??? They were never listed by Ferrari as a seperate part. Only the complete calipers.
  4. Pangea

348 DIY "Restoration"

Sorry to hear that Jeff. Good luck with everything...
  5. Pangea

Ferrari 348 engine bay and rear end restoration.

Couple of short vids.. Warm up idle from cold....https://youtu.be/XEs-NpzOJOE Idling when hot....https://youtu.be/h6X2TBTR9oQ Nice clean exhaust now the cats are refitted. Idling nicely. Relearning the ecus. Dont think its ever been this smooth. MOT passed without any issues.
  6. Pangea

Hi Jeff, I can do the jack thing on my own. Little bit at a time. I use a plum bob to align the cradle, hanging it off one of the main mounting bolts. Temporary fitted. Lining the string up with the centre of the respective subframe bolt hole. When down almost into position I remove...
  7. Pangea

New subframe bolts, washers... Fuel filters... Petrol tank lower support brackets.
  8. Pangea

All brake pads removed and treated with anti squeal. General clean up of callipers , discs etc.. Adjust handbrake shoes..Bleed brakes..
  9. Pangea

Leak down test. No reason to suspect anything wrong but did one anyway as the kit was at hand...Happy enough with that. Not bad for a 32 year old engine. Cams out but I checked all the valve clearances before hand. Good. I had reset these previously.
  10. Pangea

Cam belt loosely fitted ready for the tricky bit. I removed the tensioner at this point.. Check TDC again. Align and lock the cams. Good plan is to use cable ties as you feed the belt around the cam pulleys from left to right. Stops it popping off. Ideally you would have minimal slack on the...
  11. Pangea

New rear belt covers fitted and all rotating parts checked for clearance. All good.