Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Recent content by sssdu01

1. sssdu01

Nice video about Classiche

I just think its a next level con by Ferrari, designed to ensure you are taking the car back to the dealers a lot for remedial work 🤣 So if I had deep pockets I send my 430 back and they change the stainless steel ceramic calliper pistons back to the factory items (Made of high corroding...
  2. sssdu01

Recoring OEM 430 Cats

Keep us posted on this as Carnewal might get a bit of work recoring OEM cats with 200 cel units, especially with owners keen to keep their car "Totally Original" 🤣 .
  3. sssdu01

How do you buy a Ferrari ?

Hope this works out for you. Dont know your car history/experience, but on anything as fast as your target models, the most critical element is the tyres. I would change any that are over 3 years old, regardless of how much tread you have left. You will find a range of views on whats best, but...
  4. sssdu01

I have heard a level 3 capristo and it would probably result in a jail sentence/Noise ASBO/neighbours set fire to your garage !!! I have the valved capristo on my 430 and its nice when normal driving but opening the valve on low revs makes babies cry and sets of car alarms, so I have to best of...
  5. sssdu01

If you complain about a noisy exhaust you will be banned from this club and made to drive a Prius 🤣
  6. sssdu01

I wouldn't consider changing the interior colour unless the car is used eurobox money. Its very expensive to do it well, and it might make the car worth less than before. Yes there is no logic to it but Ferraris seem to be very price sensitive to modifications. You did say you were on a budget...
  7. sssdu01

I bought the first one I drove. It was a poverty spec manual 430 that no one wanted (F1 cars were more expensive then !! ) It turned out that the original buyer had ticked every options box from new (spending near to£40k on extras) so its a very high spec car with carbon everything. Message...
  8. sssdu01

** Ferrari 458 Race Seats (Large) ** - Any Condition

I would suggest you sit in any seats before you buy. I was told by my local dealers the seat sizes are a bit snug !! My dealers have some seats in the showroom which you can try for size if ordering a car and I can imagine how tiny someone must be to fit the small seat (yes I did try) 🤣 I have...
  9. sssdu01

SuperCar Clinic - bolton

I had bad experience with a similar firm not far from me. They did Supercars, but it came back with the same oil filter fitted, the clutch bleed block hadnt been changed and I wondered if they did anything at all to my 430. I was left feeling like it was all bullshit . Also I would be very...
  10. sssdu01

Titanium Brake Caliper Pistons - CCM

I fitted stainless which were easy to get but the dust seals were more difficult to find. In the end I found an obscure brembo catalogue, found some motorcycle pistons of same size then got dust seals for that. Didnt tell them they were being fitted to a Ferrari so the price was a few quid...
  11. sssdu01

Giles’ 360 Modena on-line scrapbook

Giles I thought you were a Pirelli man ?? be interested to see what you think of the super Sports once they are run in
  12. sssdu01

California Rear Suspension Bush - Help Needed Please

You need new hubs as some of the aluminium casting has gone so the circlips will never hold the bearing in place. I am also surprised that all the steel parts are so rusty, and if that car is a keeper a lot of de rusting and treatment is required.
  13. sssdu01

SSO Holiday Gift Guide

Not sure I agree on the driving shoes. I have tried many types and find the "knobbly rubber sole" types dont suit me, as your feet cant slide to where you want them especially if you are double declutching. In fact I actually hate driving in that style of driving shoe so I just used them as...
  14. sssdu01

f430 rear camera

I havent used one but its probably old tech and pants !! You can get wireless ones that display on your phone for beer money. Stick it on with double sided tape so no drilling etc. You can then use your phone for Nav and Parking
  15. sssdu01

F430 muffler bracket kit up grade

Good luck with that ........... the weight of the cat and silencer will crack the headers in a few hours of use