Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. dave964

360 Manifold problems?

This is idle curiosity. I'm well aware that one of the common issues affecting 430s is the manifolds cracking. There is a thread on PH started by somebody looking for a 360 - and another poster has said that one of the common issues with 360s is the manifolds. I questioned that, and said I...
  2. dave964

What could replace the 360?

I'm becoming increasingly convinced I should sell the 360. Not entirely made the decision yet, but perhaps at 85-90%. It was getting limited use before anyway - because it's a pain getting it in / out of the garage, and although it was far more fun - it was simpler to just use the Aston. Now...
  3. dave964

360 Windscreen washer not working

Used the 360 this morning - only the second time since August, and it seems the car is punishing me. Windscreen washer isn't working - sounds like the pump isn't even running. The headlight washers do work though - is that a separate pump / fuse? How easy is it likely to be to fix this (I'll...
  4. dave964

Another 650S Spider daily driver

Thought I'd give an update on my experiences after a couple of weeks of ownership - will update in future too. First some pictures : I mentioned on the other thread that the finish on the wheels isn't great - McLaren Ascot will refurb them fully when I'm happy for the car to be off the...
  5. dave964

Aston Martin V8 Vantage / Alfa Romeo Spider (2.2 JTS)

Just in case anybody is interested. Aston - 4.3 V8, 47k miles - full ad here : https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/aston-martin/v8-vantage-coupe/aston-martin-v8-vantage-4-3-manual/9791800 Alfa - full ad here ...
  6. dave964

Ferrari 360 Modena, manual, 35k miles, £56,995

Ferrari 360 Modena, manual, 35k miles, £56,995 Subject to a test drive in a couple of days, I will be part exchanging my 360 for a McLaren. However, I'd rather sell directly to somebody who wants one - I get a better price, and they get a bargain. The car is priced to sell and I'm sure it's the...
  7. dave964

360 oil leak

Noticed yesterday that I have a slight leak. For some reason, I can't post a picture - although it lets me choose a file there is no 'ok' or 'upload' button so I can't actually upload the photo. But it's actually the same picture as in the first post of my engine issue thread. It looks like the...
  8. dave964

Ferrari Day - Hever Castle 16th June

Anybody else going? I'm taking the 360 assuming the weather is half decent.
  9. dave964

360 window catching top rubber seal

Bit annoying so soon after my other problem - although I think it's always done this very slightly, but now seems worse. As the driver side window closes (e.g. after closing the door), the top of the window at the back (roughly above the door handle) is catching the edge of the rubber seal -...
  10. dave964

I think I have a very expensive engine issue with my 360. Any ideas?

I collected the 360 from its annual service today. I then drove it directly to the paint shop (~33 miles) because they are repainting the bumper they did last year (I wasn't happy with the finish). About 1 mile from the paint shop, I changed from 3rd to 4th at about 5k rpm. As I let the clutch...
  11. dave964

Which OBD code reader for 360?

OK, maybe the oxygen sensor? When I read sensor 1 on that ECU it works - when I read sensor 2, it always fails : Curiously, it says Bank 1 - so maybe I'm wrong about which ECU is which bank (I didn't check the other ECU for comparison, but will when I have more time).
  12. dave964

Which OBD code reader for 360?

Took the 360 out in the sunshine today, but didn't get very far before I noticed the check engine light. I have a code reader (one with a screen, not the plug in dongle type) but it says no codes are stored (actually, it says no emissions codes are stored). I had to use the reader on the Alfa...
  13. dave964

Auto Italia, May 4th

Just booked tickets - although undecided whether I'll use the Ferrari or the Alfa. Anybody else going?
  14. dave964

360 wheel alignment

All sorted. Not much chance to see what it's like at high speed, but it was noticeably more relaxed around town - even though I never noticed anything wrong with it before. Both front wheels were pointing a tad outwards - hence the inner tyre wear.
  15. dave964

360 wheel alignment

Been meaning to get this done for ages - car gets a bit nervous above 140mph, and I've just discovered that the inside of my front tyres has worn much quicker than the outside. Enough so that my fronts are technically more worn than the rears, which is clearly not the correct way around. I know...
  16. dave964

Supercar and roadtrip or......

OK - this is the route I plan to start pricing up hotels for - although once I see the total, I may decide it's cheaper to stay at work. All nights are now used up. Vasto replaces Amalfi, with a night added for Pompeii. Hallstatt is added to Austria (looks lovely, and breaks up the long...
  17. dave964

This is the route I've come up with so far. Most places I'm staying 2 nights, but probably ~6 nights at Amalfi Coast and ~4 nights at Como. I have about 5 or 6 nights spare that I'd like to spend in one place (relaxing in the sunshine) - any suggestions for somewhere roughly on this route?
  18. dave964

Since I saw the "Supercars and Road Trips" thread, it seemed like a good place to ask for some advice..... This year, I will officially be old (milestone birthday). My tentative plan was to celebrate it by taking the 360 to Europe for a month (or maybe even 6 weeks) - assuming my company will...
  19. dave964

Mercedes A200 AMG Sport CDI (2014)

Apologies that this isn't going to include much detail - it's being sold by a friend of the girlfriend. However, I know it's a decent car (I've been in it) and they are running out of time (returning to their home country) so if anybody is considering one of these you may get a bargain. It's an...
  20. dave964

Accident - would you take a courtesy car?

At the moment, my feeling is I won't - however, if there is significant delay due to parts etc. (not sure how readily available the side skirt is and I'm pretty sure I need one of them) - then I will reconsider. This is the damage - it certainly shouldn't be a write off, although if it was then...