Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. F328NVL

2016 UK Dino Market

An American over on Fchat got a bit excited about my views on monetary policy and the issue of reserve currency status on the demand for US Dollars. The blurb is, as usual, here: http://www.honestjg.com/2016/12/dino-market-2016.html
  2. F328NVL

Fiat / Abarth 124 Spider

My days of 500 BHP monsters seem to be receding along with my hair. I therefore started looking for a fun car that was light and nippy. We've had MX5s and, say it quietly, they are brilliant, but there is a whiff of the Salon about them. You enjoy the car, but it's a slightly guilty pleasure...
  3. F328NVL

Survey on Street Papers

Apologies to all who are not interested, but some of you may know I have an academic identity as well as a car one. We are currently looking at street papers in London. If any of you were minded to fill out a short questionnaire I'd be grateful. It is here...
  4. F328NVL

2015 Ferrari Dino Market Review

For the last decade or so I have collated data on Dino prices. Each new year I publish a summary of it. The full data is here: http://www.honestjg.com/2015/12/2015-ferrari-dino-market-review.html (as usual not commercial in any way) A taste is below.
  5. F328NVL

3 Years With a C63 AMG: The Verdict

After 3 years with a C63 AMG I feel qualified to opine. This car is stupid. Very, Very Stupid Indeed It is thirsty, uncomfortable and has too much power. It looks like a German Estate car, which is what it is, but goes like a Saturn Five rocket on a roller skate. You learn to ignore...
  6. F328NVL

The Budget 2015: £3.48bn in new taxes on cars!

The Budget 2015: £3.48bn in new taxes on cars! The cost to vehicle owners of simplification of Vehicle Excise Duty over the next six years is £3.48bn. Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/summer-budget-2015/summer-budget-2015#budget-policy-decisions Don't believe me? Well...
  7. F328NVL

Sale of F355 Spider: Dealer v Auction v Private

As noted on here I sold my F355 this week. I bought it from a dealer for £35.5k in 2012. In the masses of paperwork that accompanied it there was an invoice showing that the dealer had bought it from his client for £29k. So the first interesting thing was the dealer’s margin was about 22%...
  8. F328NVL

A Customer Rants at Mini Sytner

Sytner who sold me a 2005 Mini Park Lane didn’t bother to tax the car. It made them £205.00 profit. I didn’t know this because, not knowing the regulations had changed, I had assumed that the car would be taxed: After all how would they deliver it if it was still SORN (i.e. untaxed and hence...
  9. F328NVL

Pink "Ferrari Enzo" Convertible

A rare, beauty spotted in Kiev. More pics at the blog below....
  10. F328NVL

Jeremy Clarkson on You Tube : Look a the Pop Up Ad

No win, No Fee...
  11. F328NVL

Ferraris as Investment Assets (Again!)

As some know, I collate stats on Dinos and have done for nearly a decade (Long story, never did finish the PhD). This year I did a couple of new analyses: - Classic Car Magazine estimates of value vs Actual Auction prices and Classified Offered Prices - Estimated Investment Returns in real...
  12. F328NVL

246 Dino Market Data

Fig1: Classic Car Magazine estimates v Offered Prices and Auction Prices 1985-2014 (apologies for black - legend is CC estimates rough, average, mint, dealer vs actual (earliest in red, latest in blue) Fig2: Actual vs Estimated Action Prices 1989-2014 For analysis see the blog below...
  13. F328NVL

A Festive Safety Observation in the Drink Drive Awareness Season

56 million people die in the world each year, of which 1.3 million, or 2.3% of them are killed in road traffic accidents (source: WHO). 0.5m people die in the UK each year, of which 1,713, or 0.3% of them died in road traffic accidents. (Source: National Statistics). The roads of the UK are...
  14. F328NVL

V12 Vantage Roadster (The manual one)

I have bought a V12 Vantage Roadster, no 48/101. It is quite rare and very silly indeed. Inevitably, I have wittered about it on the blog below.
  15. F328NVL

Dilema: Keep F355 or Sell It? The True Test of Investment!

So Car buying Tourette's has struck again and I have bought another car. This time it's one of the 101 Manual V12 Vantage Roadsters (as I must remember to say, not Volante, as I want to). This leaves me with a dilemma. Should I keep the F355 Spider, or not? On the one hand, despite my...
  16. F328NVL

Ferrari 308 GTB £75-£90K My 4rse

Ferrari 308 GTB £75-£90K My 4rse http://www.classic-auctions.com/Auctions/24-04-2014-ImperialWarMuseumDuxford-1365/1976Ferrari308GTBVetroresina-37663.aspx Now the world has truly gone mad. You take a short run 1970s GRP bodied car and turn it into a track car because you know it's not worth...
  17. F328NVL

246 Dino Market Data

I have collected this data for years now and do an annual summary in the other place and on my own blog: www.honestjg.com Happy New Year
  18. F328NVL

328 GTB at Graypauls Sold. Asking Price £60k!

328 GTB at Graypauls Sold. Asking Price £60k! I stopped by Graypauls Nottingham today as I was in the area. They had a low mileage 328 GTB (4k miles or thereabouts) in a nice condition with a sold sticker on it. The sales guy told the asking price had been £60k! Allegedly it was "one of 4...
  19. F328NVL

Tax Efficient Handling Improvements to a Ferrari 355

My Ferrari 355 is now a teenager. In consequence it is becoming somewhat unruly and disobedient. It has gone a bit light at the front and handles a bit skittishly on our massively uneven and pock marked roads. It turns out that my dogs are the best mechanics in the world. I went out into...
  20. F328NVL

Database of Ferrari Dinos offered in UK 1974-2013

the data set that I built up over the past 5-10 years of cars offered for sale in the UK is below. It is the result of many, many hours spent scouring old classified ads and websites. It contains: Colour, mileage, chassis no, registration, price, type of sale, year offered (where available)...