Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Search results

1. ronrob

Is there any harm to charge the battery without removing the cables

Always a good idea to disconnect at least one of the cables - go for the positive if it easily accessible. Jump starting any modern car with the battery connected can blow all sorts of expensive parts.
  2. ronrob

Why so colour sensitive.

Dare I say it, but sssdu01 says it all.
  3. ronrob

Wits end ! - F355 reverse gear gone AWOL.

Hopefully just the mechanism below (inside the rubber boot accessible below the stick). Have you been below? You might be in the slot, but do you feel the click of engagement at the extremity of the slot?
  4. ronrob

MOT "gratuities"

Just for fun......Do you give the MOT guy a tip? Might be worth a poll.................
  5. ronrob

355 Electrical Gremlins

Good Morning Jez. If they load correctly, here are three pages from the user manual for my 1997 Motronic 5.2. I realise that you have a 1994 model, but the diagrams correspond with the photo you posted. Relays A and D control the indicators and the headlamp motors so could be the cause of the...
  6. ronrob

Proof of 355 Belt Change

Just for fun - no proof of competence though................
  7. ronrob

Help with CAT lambda connections on a 355

There are two PET electrical connectors sitting together bolted to each side of the engine cradle (for the front and back lambda sensors at each side). On re-assembly, one cannot reverse the uppermost (female) connectors thanks to their mounting lugs. The male connectors (plugging from...
  8. ronrob

Timing Control Belt part no 184986 from Eurospares

There are two options for this belt from Eurospares - the Ferrari part or a "pattern" version at a third of the price. The photo of the pattern version shows it to be a Dayco part. Both the 355 and the 360 use this belt. When I did my last major, I bought the belts in a Ferrari box and they were...
  9. ronrob

DIY on your Ferrari

Am I right in thinking that there are far fewer posts regarding DIY work on our cars than before?
  10. ronrob

348 and 355 Triple Seals

Prompted by a post under another heading today made by Nosevi, it could be useful to note that there is another option regarding the famous triple seals on the prop shaft. I found a reference to this on Ferrarichat the other day and noted it just in case...............(8 August, type "Triple...
  11. ronrob

Wheel Arch Gravel Guard Fitment (F355)

Three self explanatory pics. Battery (RH) side, LH side then the last, again on the RH side showing the battery compartment fitted to avoid a gravel trap. On my car, the LH side has a gravel trap ledge due to the plate being fitted inside the horizontal tray. This may be OEM, but I know that the...
  12. ronrob

355 exhaust manifold repair. QV or JP?

Can anyone tell me for certain if JP exhausts do the manifold repairs on behalf of QV? Mine is certainly cracked and I would appreciate any advice on where to send the manifold for repair. Thanks in advance.
  13. ronrob

355 ball joints

I would be interested to learn why there are less problems with 355 ball joints (compared to 360, 430 from the threads I've seen). Are they a better design (or made of better materials), are they less stressed or maybe the car is not "sensitive" enough. In any case, I don't see many posts on...
  14. ronrob

355 recall #48 - photo

If anyone's interested, here's what the new fuel distribution block looks like when fitted.
  15. ronrob

Bent BPV actuator

Opps, forgot the pics!
  16. ronrob

355 BPV - old one for sale anywhere?

Anyone seen this before? During an engine out major I found the actuator rod on the valve to be bent. The second picture shows why - the plate mounted on the outside of the spindle (and which limits the opening of the valve) had been fouling on one of the two mounting bolts (the bolts fix the...
  17. ronrob

355 engine removal dolly + "tips"

Inspired, encouraged and assisted by Terry I have changed the belts on my 355 using the two jack method. I am indebted to Terry and all those who took the time and trouble to post their experiences on the forum. The procedures have been described so well by others I have little to contribute...
  18. ronrob

355 Timing Belt Part No

Recently bought new belts for my 355 from a Ferrari Authorised Dealer. The belts supplied have Part Number 184986, replacing the famous 181610. I have been told 184986 (for a 360?) is now the correct part for the 355 - which I do not doubt as they certainly fit. The 184986 is visually quite...