What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

12 Months of Ferrari (F355) Ownership / Story so far / Video

Fluffekins

I'm not mechanically minded, I'm not modifying it (although may get a Capristo, one of these days), and happily I've had no breakdowns or other probelms so far or at least since the initial little problem when I first bought it.

Therefore my experiences are reflected in how I've used the car this year and in particular the events that I've attended. Heres a compiliation of my videos and pictures from these events - I'm sure some of you will recognise your cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEa5k3zVOWs

I was going to write some big long post about the events that I've been to and how they compare etc, but was boring myself just typing it!

So here's some bullet points:-

* Having the car and going to events meant that I now had a shared interest with my eldest son and when able, we attended events together. This was a huge positive inadvertant consequence of owning the car.
* First event was Supercar lunch at Sheesh organised by Sy. I had no idea what to expect and found it to be really good, relaxed and friendly, some great cars there.
* This year I've attended events organised by Driver's Union (Sy), Club Scud, The Hare pub (I think this is inconjunction with Supercars of Essex) and I also joined the FOC.
* Driver's Union events are really good, once you realise that they involve posing rather than driving. Nonetheless its a very friendly crowd (some from here I know) and immensely enjoyable.
* Club Scud - Went to the Supercar Event and really enjoyed it. Sadly haven't been able to attend much more, but again, nice relaxed and friendly crowd, wish I could've attended more, and actually wish there were more meets generally.
* The hare pub was an excellent meeting, really unusual cars, decent breakfast and fairly close to home so didn't take up the whole day and piss off the wife (more than usual).
* FoC. I went to the Essex region monthly meeting and again found people to be friendly, although in some ways different to the people that I'd encountered previously. Slightly older on average maybe, and many long term members and therefore knew each other well. I guess going to something new will always be like that.
* I attended an open day with the FoC at Barkaway in Kent, my first convoy. Really enjoed that, the open day was excellent, good food, great cars and starting to recognise people from other meetings, good company too.
* There was nother Sheesh visit, 2 in fact, first one I met up with Phil & Pauline in the F430 and he followed me down. Second one I went to with my wife, which she and I really enjoyed. It was a real eye opener for her.
* A couple of weeks back I went to an event arranged by FoC Herts whcih was a parade in Berkhamsted and lunch in the school. Amazing collection of 60 cars turned up for that and although the day went on an hour or so longer than I'd have preferred, it was truly excellent. A sit down lunch was included and definitely the people are slightly different from those you find here, again everyone was friendly and there are some interesting people around.

Things I'd like to do but havent got around to it :-

I'd like there to be more actual driving involved, I'll probably take in a track day some time.
I'll also pick the events more carefully next year, I had no idea there were so many. Scampton looked great, I was already comitted elsewhere.
Gutted to miss the annual concours, but was doing 80 miles on a bike - won't do that again!

In short a totally positive and enjoable experience. Here's to the next 12 months.

There you go, didn't even mention the value of the car having nearly doubled in the past 12 months.

All the best,

Fluff

glad to see you've got into it !

actually, during the summer months there are meetings / events every weekend if you chose to go.

2016/17 Update

Here's a shortish video of 2016's events. Had to remove the music for YouTube rights reasons.

https://youtu.be/x7XUezefAME

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/x7XUezefAME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some really good events in 2016, highlights were Auto Italia at Brooklands and the classic car show at Alexandra Palace where a group of us did some parade drives in front of large crowds, and moreover the convoy there with a GT40, 675LT, Speciale and others was memorable. The FoC event at Layer Marney was really nice and the annual concours enjoyable albeit disappointing overall.

The best bit of my motoring year however was without doubt driving the North Coast 500 with a couple of close friends in 3 Caterhams. This was our 3rd such Caterham road trip, we're back up to Scotland in May for a repeat.

As for the car. No real problems except for an unidentified farty noise from the exhaust that developed periodically, which I had checked out and nothing could be found. I'd started toying with the idea of an upgrade to an F430 as I saw prices between the two cars equalise. Once I had this idea in my head, I became obsessed with selling the F355 which after a very lengthy, often disappointing and educational and ultimately expensive search, I eventually sold it a few weeks ago and collected the F430 on Friday.

The F355 never looked more beautiful then when someone else was driving it away, I had real seller's remorse, I still do to some extent as the F430 can't compare in terms of sheer good looks. It obviously makes up for that in the performance, handling and build quality (I know it's all relative) department and therefore suits me better than a 20 year old car.

Hope you enjoy the video, might see some of your cars in there.

All the best,

IMG_5372.jpgIMG_5368.jpgIMG_5416.jpg