What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

488 Radio/stereo

The sound died on my car. The sound still works on the phone but not on the radio or Bluetooth. Then it worked after restarting the car. It’s been on and off several times and the display and all the buttons work fine. Any ideas?

This has started playing up again after weeks of being fine. The car is still under Ferrari warranty but do people think this sill be covered if it’s a fault with the radio/component.

Well deep joy. There is a huge thread on Ferrari Chat of many 488 owners and others reporting the same issue. In the thread someone got Ferrari to admit that a Firmware problem was the fault. Upgrading the firmware supposedly fixes it. Seems like many owners in US have had the update but not clear how many if any have paid for it or had it free of charge.

So this morning I dropped my car at a main dealer for a service and was told that the firmware update is 500 euros plus tax and labour. Not covered by the power warranty according to the service tech. And takes 48-72 hours as software has to be downloaded and sent away etc etc.

I made my feeling known and the service manager said they would investigate further and get back to me presumably when I pick up the car. Fingers crossed.