What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Alsa Automotive

550Mike

I need a few cosmetic issues remedied on my car and was considering using Alsa Automotive but I can't find any details about them. There don't seem to be any recent threads on here, the links to the website from a Google search don't seem to work and the Facebook page doesn't seem to have been updated since about 2012. Does anyone know if they're still trading?

Not sure to be honest. I was trying to contact them last winter for some work on my car but nobody ever answered the phone or answered emails so I gave up.

I was looking at Mitchell Motors which has a very good reputation when I asked around, long story but I never made it down.

Ended up going to Grandstand Coachworks, just around the corner from me and was happy with their work, and their rates are good :thumbsup:

Recently stopped trading.
Circumstances all a bit sad.
A friend of mine had to go and collect his car in a hurry,found most of the parts removed and made several trips to get it all back home.
There was someone who thought they could take the business on, however . I don't believe it happened.

Ok thanks for the information, I guess I'll have to try somewhere else. I'll follow up Grandstand Coachworks, thanks for the tip.

Sounds like a nightmare situation for all concerned, I guess customers have had to collect unfinished cars and will then have to try to get someone else to finish them off and reassemble something they didn't dismantle, every restorers dream! I guess the company will now have to refund monies for unfinished work and it could get quite messy...

Ok thanks very much for the information, I guess I'll have to find someone else. Thanks for the tip on the other bodyshop, I'll give them a try.

It sounds like a world of pain for all concerned with Alsa. I guess all of their customers will have had to collect their unfinished cars and will have to find someone else to finish them, unfortunately I don't think it will be easy finding someone to take on a job that someone else has started, particularly when they'd have to try to reassemble a car they didn't take apart. I would imagine that Alsa will now have to refund all these customers for unfinished work, what a mess :(

Ok thanks very much for the information, I guess I'll have to find someone else. Thanks for the tip on the other bodyshop, I'll give them a try.

It sounds like a world of pain for all concerned with Alsa. I guess all of their customers will have had to collect their unfinished cars and will have to find someone else to finish them, unfortunately I don't think it will be easy finding someone to take on a job that someone else has started, particularly when they'd have to try to reassemble a car they didn't take apart. I would imagine that Alsa will now have to refund all these customers for unfinished work, what a mess :(

IIRC customers generally had to pay a chunk up front too so they'll probably have to pay twice for some of the work :cry:

I really dodged a bullet there, just seen some photos of a car done by this guy a couple of years ago and it was absolutely shocking, you wouldn't believe it had been done by a professional, yet alone someone who worked on exotics :( Apparently the guy is now bankrupt, presumably a tactic to prevent anyone pursuing him for any money he owes them.

Unfortunately that is indeed the case, we're probably not permitted to name and shame on this forum but please pm if you wish to discuss this in detail, I have first hand experience