What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Beaujolais Run 2013

Jules

Hi All

Well the committee of Club Scud are sponsoring my entry into this year's Beaujolais Run, when I say sponsoring, they are donating an amount directly to the Henry Surtees Foundation which:

' Assist people with brain or physical injuries caused by accident to return to community living by the provision of support for equipment and facilitiesprovide education and training associated with motorsport-related programmes in technology, engineering, and road safety instruction for two and four wheels

Act as a resource for young people up to the age of 18 by providing advice and assistance and organising programmes of physical, educational and other activities in order to: Advance young people in life by helping them to develop their skills, capacities and capabilities so that they can participate in society as independent, mature and responsible individuals advance their education; and relieve unemployment '

Anyway, it starts Monday evening and finishes Friday PM. I thought I'd put up the first Pic of the car stickered up, and no doubt you can see a cheeky Club Scud graphic on the front bumper....Just for the record, we won the last run in 2011 - amazing to think that my Strad beat 4x4's, factory entered BMW's & serious pros, to win the shortest distance using Sat Nav between Reims and Macon (ie through vineyards, farms, off road). There was only 2 driving awards, the other award given to the shortest distance using a map (smaller number of entrants)

We must pledge £1,964, and I think we are about half way there through commercial sponsorship, so if anyone would like to donate, we have a just put up a just giving http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fun...on?userUrl=fullbodied&faId=385203&isTeam=true

The run starts at the RAC club in Woodcoote on Monday pm, comes to life at Brands Hatch Tuesday am, followed by a fancy dress drive across France Wednesday, attend the release of the Wine Wednesday PM, Thursday dinner in Reims & Awards, then Friday drop by the circuit at Geux and back across the Channel.

We will post pics of the event & progress, tbh, I haven't driven the car at all this year, so sticking another 1,500 miles on her is definitely justified.

ps, the pic on the charity page is the award in 2011, and that's my co-driver & not me

Attachments

• 1464740_10201993650379342_726918199_n.jpg
    1464740_10201993650379342_726918199_n.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 233