What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Italian Stable Mates - Picture Heavy Content...

My Dad also had a couple of older marques when I was a sprog too.

First being a Mondial and second being a 512BB so comparing against those I guess the 360 is much more modern and light years ahead in the tech department.. :hmmm:

I think there is maybe a difference in how each era is viewed in relation to age too Pete. I'm only a spring chicken at 37 you see :laugh:

Your more than welcome to come and have a good nosey around ours during the winter should you wish and if it would be helpful whilst your mulling things over :thumbsup:

Very much appreciated, might well take you up on that :)

My Dad also had a couple of older marques when I was a sprog too.

First being a Mondial and second being a 512BB so comparing against those I guess the 360 is much more modern and light years ahead in the tech department.. :hmmm:

Yep, guess it all depends what you're comparing to.

My definition of "Old School" relates to the technology and therefore how it drives. For me does it have, 1 Electronic Traction Control 2 Has it go so complicated that the ECU's have a "Slow Down" or Engine Management Light" that can come on to warn you of impending doom 3 Are all the electronics on a Canbus system. All of these reflect the "Modernity" of the car design and how it feels to drive (the more "Systems" it has to "Help" the driver - the less involving it is to drive = less fun).
Some cars might have one of the above but still feel Old School , but from my experience two or all of the above = modern, so the driver isnt in full control.

I totally get why some people enjoy driving an older car with none of the above, as the driving experience can be more satisfying.

I am not knocking Francis older car as its well looked after, but can you imagine retrofitting some modern electronics to the car ? It would light the dash up like a Christmas tree, warning of impending doom, with warnings that everything is about to explode/fall off :laugh:. Meanwhile without the modern electronics Francis remains oblivious to imminent nuclear Armageddon under the bonnet :laugh: and can enjoy driving his car for many many years.

In fact Simon, my water pump did without any warning let go a couple of weeks ago with a spectacular cloud of steam from the engine lid vent. Not sure if I would have got any warning lights from a modern car!

My car has all the info it needs on the dash. Oil pressure, oil temp and water temp. There aren't any electronics to go wrong!

No Pete, just NO. You're not American. That space is for a large quantity of cheese, wine and beer from the return leg of a Euro trip. Everyone knows that.

You're right, I'm frankly ashamed of myself for even thinking it :hide:

(I did grow up in North Carolina though. Perhaps I've not yet fully recovered :laugh: )

Last edited:
No Pete, just NO. You're not American. That space is for a large quantity of cheese, wine and beer from the return leg of a Euro trip. Everyone knows that.

I was thinking he should get a 1 months ban; but as he is the moderator...! At least Pete should do is "take yourself outside and have a word with yourself!":grin:

I was thinking he should get a 1 months ban; but as he is the moderator...! At least Pete should do is "take yourself outside and have a word with yourself!":grin:

Moderators and committee members (which Pete currently is) have been banned in the past, but a very long time ago in a different era:wink3: