What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

LITTLE HAVEN'S LIST FOR 'SHOW CARS'

RobC

Hi all,

As Bruce suggested that I post a new thread concerning people who wish to attend and show their cars rather than take part in the Charity Ride, here's the list ,and starting with Adam,if anyone else wants to join in please feel free to expand the list.
Thank you :thumbsup:

Adz man............... Yellow 430
Barry 360............ Red 355 Spider

Last edited:
Adz man............... Yellow 430
Barry 360............ Red 355 Spider
stevek................ 348ts
rob308................ 348 tb

Come on guys a great event even if you dont drive:thumbsup:

I may now need to be coming along to show only as after speaking to my insurance company they have made it clear that as soon as my tyres touch the track I am un-insured:thumbsdow
I am still giving it some thought but at the moment I do not feel confident enough in my own experience on a un-known track to take the risk, maybe after watching this year I may feel more confident for next.

I may now need to be coming along to show only as after speaking to my insurance company they have made it clear that as soon as my tyres touch the track I am un-insured:thumbsdow
I am still giving it some thought but at the moment I do not feel confident enough in my own experience on a un-known track to take the risk, maybe after watching this year I may feel more confident for next.

The insurance thing is the same with most of these events, the track is one thing but taking paying passengers normally kills other policies as well. A few companies cover some events but I doubt many do all of them. The policies that do cover these type of events usually come with a 10% of value excess, so unless you write it off your unlikely to claim.

I had the same dilemma earlier in the year with DDO, I ended up going out morning and the afternoon (just as well as they was a shortage of cars at one point), but maybe not as much as if I had been insured (even if it was limited). I had also volunteered to help so I used the down time to help get passengers out of the cars and give others a break. I figured that the top-gear track is very open and most folks were in the same boat, still I didn’t like being to the too much to lose category.

My car has a little unforseen issue so has to stay at the service centre longer than intially intended so cant bring it.

I'll be going with Simon Walker so will still be at the breakie and helping out for the day as planned :thumbsup: