What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Lockton Insurance - DDO 2011

rmdferrari

Just got off the phone from Claire Manton from Lockton.

Great news. They have now confirmed to me that they are able to cover existing clients for Dad's Day Out this Saturday at Dunsfold. :thumbsup::dude:

The terms are as follows:

1. Only available to existing Lockton customers.

2. Excess is 10% of the value of the car insured.

3. Only policy holder covered.

4. Not covered to drive other cars.

5. Extra cost.... £0. :grin:

6. You MUST inform Claire before the event to qualify. If texting, a simple "rmd, reg no.XHM etc, attending DDO. Thanks" will suffice.

Office: 0207-933-2587
Mobile: 07824-451017
e: claire.manton@uk.lockton.com

That is brilliant news for the Lockton clients who are attending. It worth mentioning that Peter Everingham from the FOC has been most accomodating in agreeing to the "piggy back" of the policy, so thanks to him. :thumbsup:

See you all on Saturday.

As I just mentioned on fGear Richard deserves a lot of praise for doing this.

He already had cover and has gone out of his way to help his fellow members :thumbsup:

I think I liked the idea of the lack of insurance for most foks to make sure everyone plays nice on track.:hmmm:

What track days have you been going on?! I wouldn't have thought for an instant that having insurance or not would change peoples etiquette out on track (especially as most of us know each other). We're there for charity not to see who can overtake the most cars!

We're there for charity not to see who can overtake the most cars!
Well said. Moreover, as in previous years we will be giving total authority over to the Clerk Of The Course (an MSA trained Marshal) who has instructions to remove drivers who drive recklessly. At the very least a "sin bin" will be used, as it was twice last year.

Well said. Moreover, as in previous years we will be giving total authority over to the Clerk Of The Course (an MSA trained Marshal) who has instructions to remove drivers who drive recklessly. At the very least a "sin bin" will be used, as it was twice last year.
+1:thumbsup:

Moreover, as in previous years we will be giving total authority over to the Clerk Of The Course (an MSA trained Marshal) who has instructions to remove drivers who drive recklessly. At the very least a "sin bin" will be used, as it was twice last year.

I'd come round to the idea, that folks will play nice and respect why we are there on the track in the first place. It's only the "sin bin" folks that worry me, I just wish I hadn't see the clip on you tube with the 328 just missing the SV from last year. :shocked:

I'd come round to the idea, that folks will play nice and respect why we are there on the track in the first place. It's only the "sin bin" folks that worry me, I just wish I hadn't see the clip on you tube with the 328 just missing the SV from last year. :shocked:

If you're referring to this clip then worry ye not for a number of reasons
  • it's actually a 348:grin:
  • he was miles behind him -camera makes it looks closer than he was
  • It's driven by one of the best drivers on here who could slide it backwards through a farm gate if he wanted to:grin:
  • He was just fooling around (at a safe distance behind) :thumbsup:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0U2waC6aXg

• It's driven by one of the best drivers on here who could slide it backwards through a farm gate if he wanted to:grin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0U2waC6aXg

That's far worse if it’s a 348, it did look a bit odd as a 328 :laugh:

Good I like big gaps. I've already had freaked out a car behind me coming off a slip road and then, them waiting to see brake lights. These CCB are like slinging out a parachute, car behind started to fish tail to stop :shocked:

That’s good to know, although not if I’m following him. :grin:

Safe distance behind is good.:thumbsup:

Just wish I had a different policy, a nine grand or so would hurt a lot, a ten-fold hit would see me in court . :cry3:

Stuart. You've got a quick car.... you will be able to give yourself room from others. You may not be surprised to know that the rest of the drivers (insured or not) want to avoid incidents at all costs. These are proper "Pride & Joy" cars for all of us.

BTW. I haven't been insured for the last two years..... oh well, see photo from 2009. :thumbsup:

The "sinners" from last year are competent and experienced drivers, they just got over enthusiastic once or twice. One of them out braked me into a chicane (A BIG NO NO) so I dobbed him in to the Clerk Of The Course and he was off. :grin:

• That's spot on G man. :dude:

Attachments

• Dunsfold_rmd#1.jpg
    Dunsfold_rmd#1.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 159
DDO looks like and will be a great event. I was only looking at YouTube to see the layout of the track. It looks like a well run event and a safe place in which to run it. I'm happy to put in a good few laps as and when required, even if that means being not covered while doing so. While not on track I'll be in a high vis vest from Mal helping out wherever he wants me. Given the chance I'll also grab a few laps in some of my fav cars. I love fast cars for there design and heart, plus they are far safer than performance bikes. Putting a few more names to faces will also help, plus I need to keep things safe to drive on Tuesday to Headly Court.

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick note to say hope tomorrow goes well and the weather holds out for what looks to be a great event.

Have fun, raise loads of money for a great charity and of course..............drive carefully!!!! :laugh:

I am glad we managed to get this event covered, albeit, at the last minute.

I look forward to seeing everyones photo's of the day.

Claire
Lockton

claire.manton@uk.lockton.com