What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

My Argento 360

Interesting you say that because my son has been buying lower priced cars for a business venture and in the rest of the market its now - we don't haggle the price is the price - I expect this to migrate to used Supercars over the next five years along with the new on-line auction models which seem to be much better for sellers and buyers alike.

My daughter has just bought a pre-reg 3 series..... no money off despite walking away and the usual haggling. They now seem to throw stuff in instead as the headline value is much less than the cost.
Also many cars they looked at sold whilst they were in the market....
I think next year will be tougher but if interest rates go negative I’ll put some back into a decent car.

We bought the boss a "new" car just before 1st lockdown. As said, price was the price, only negotiation was on smallish considerations.

We had a number of cars sold from under us; but that I blame on rubbish practises and stock control by the dealers, partly I guess as they can due to what appeared to be such high demand.

Never the less, there is one dealer (Dick Lovett Mini Swindon) and one dealer network (Synter) that I will never bother buy anything from, ever! Synter point blank refused to confirm if a car was physically onsite before we were planning on driving 1 hr to go see it. Our experience from physically going to a dealer (DL Mini Swindon) is what's advertised and the sales guy thinks is available has very little if any resemblance to what is actually at the dealer and available!

From our only car dealer experience being Ferrari main dealer for servicing for a couple of years, the first adventure into the daily driver market was a most unwelcome shock to the system! A number of them actually bring the tone down from Trotters Independent Trading!

PS Mike you need a proper toy...X-mas is coming :grin::thumbsup:

We bought the boss a "new" car just before 1st lockdown. As said, price was the price, only negotiation was on smallish considerations.

We had a number of cars sold from under us; but that I blame on rubbish practises and stock control by the dealers, partly I guess as they can due to what appeared to be such high demand.

Never the less, there is one dealer (Dick Lovett Mini Swindon) and one dealer network (Synter) that I will never bother buy anything from, ever! Synter point blank refused to confirm if a car was physically onsite before we were planning on driving 1 hr to go see it. Our experience from physically going to a dealer (DL Mini Swindon) is what's advertised and the sales guy thinks is available has very little if any resemblance to what is actually at the dealer and available!

From our only car dealer experience being Ferrari main dealer for servicing for a couple of years, the first adventure into the daily driver market was a most unwelcome shock to the system! A number of them actually bring the tone down from Trotters Independent Trading!

PS Mike you need a proper toy...X-mas is coming :grin::thumbsup:

Yes it’s amazing how basic things are not covered and the internal communications are so bad.

We have now bought four vehicles of the same model and by far the best deal and car was with the franchised dealer. The independents were just sloppy in various aspects.