What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Postpone an appointment because weather?

craigburton

Hi, Hope this is the correct thread to post this... I have an F430 which is booked in for new capristo exhausts tomorrow at Joe Macari in London tomorrow. I live in Hampshire. The forecast is for rain tomorrow 😬 I have my own policy of not driving the car in the rain, on top of that, it's just finished being detailed on Friday and looks as if it has just rolled off the production line (actually, better). Questions is, is it unreasonable to request a change of date for the installation due to not wanting to drive the 70 mile trip to London in the rain!?

Hi, Hope this is the correct thread to post this... I have an F430 which is booked in for new capristo exhausts tomorrow at Joe Macari in London tomorrow. I live in Hampshire. The forecast is for rain tomorrow [emoji51] I have my own policy of not driving the car in the rain, on top of that, it's just finished being detailed on Friday and looks as if it has just rolled off the production line (actually, better). Questions is, is it unreasonable to request a change of date for the installation due to not wanting to drive the 70 mile trip to London in the rain!?

IMO Yes.....

If I've committed to something I try to attend rain or shine.
Put yourself in their position but it could be worth a call in case they are behind or super busy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes there is rain in the UK you get caught out all the time even in summer and you can end up a nervous wreck trying to maintain your policy. If your car has been detailed well then a quick rinse over will see it return to 'factory' fresh looking anyway.

I don't know what your livelihood is but imagine if your work was cancelled due to weather?

It's a car not a hot air balloon.

Hi, Hope this is the correct thread to post this... I have an F430 which is booked in for new capristo exhausts tomorrow at Joe Macari in London tomorrow. I live in Hampshire. The forecast is for rain tomorrow 😬 I have my own policy of not driving the car in the rain, on top of that, it's just finished being detailed on Friday and looks as if it has just rolled off the production line (actually, better). Questions is, is it unreasonable to request a change of date for the installation due to not wanting to drive the 70 mile trip to London in the rain!?

I would recommend that you get a reputable car transporter to deliver the car, one that uses a covered trailer, my local main dealer has two special lorries:thumbsup: pricing seems to depend on how busy they are.

Top Tip ..... check your windscreen wipers work before you drive out the garage. I hadn't been out in rain for 3+ years and then got caught in a sudden downpour - wipers didn't work - then I realised I had never used them before :cry3:

Top tip.... Buy model cars instead of real ones if you are not going to get them wet.

Now salty roads I can understand, but a Ferrari doesn't dissolve when in contact with rain water. And by that rationale how can you ever use water to wash your car?

My car is forever out in the rain because I use it all summer, and last time I looked (I was out in it, in the rain yesterday) it was still there.

:rant:

I had my paintwork professionally polished almost 2 year ago and I still don't have any major swirl marks because:

I apply a good quality wax a couple of times a year, and...

If I am out on a dry run, all i have to do is use plenty of good quality detail spray and clean microfibres to clean off the brake dust and it is back to perfect, and...

If I am out and its raining and the car is really dirty, I clean using snow foam followed by the 2 bucket method and it is back to perfect:thumbsup: (followed by parking in a dehumidified garage :laugh::laugh:)

Top Tip ..... check your windscreen wipers work before you drive out the garage. I hadn't been out in rain for 3+ years and then got caught in a sudden downpour - wipers didn't work - then I realised I had never used them before :cry3:

^^^^
THIS,

My GT-R was booked in to Litchfield's yesterday for a 5 year service, Stage 1 performance upgrade and an MOT. Car failed its MOT because the tester said they "the wipers were the worse he'd ever seen". And I'd already driven 50 miles cross country on crappy B roads to get there. Couldn't see a thing!

Craig - did you get your Exhaust fitted in the end?

Yes got the exhausts fitted but not had the time to collect the car :-/ picking it up on Thursday 😄😄🏎🏎🏎🏎
^^^^
THIS,

My GT-R was booked in to Litchfield's yesterday for a 5 year service, Stage 1 performance upgrade and an MOT. Car failed its MOT because the tester said they "the wipers were the worse he'd ever seen". And I'd already driven 50 miles cross country on crappy B roads to get there. Couldn't see a thing!

Craig - did you get your Exhaust fitted in the end?

Yes got the exhausts fitted but not had the time to collect the car :-/ picking it up on Thursday 😄😄🏎🏎🏎🏎

Well done sir!

Now you've done it once, hopefully it'll not bother you again. I've been on three weekend trips recently and on each one the cars been filthy (relatively speaking) when I've returned. It takes about 3 hours to get it back to where I like to keep it and I'd have missed a lot of fun by not using it. Last year I never had to wash it once and was close to selling it. This year's been a blast so far :thumbsup:
Agree on the salt comments but in Summer it dries out in minutes. Just make sure the brakes are dry when it goes away.

I actually did this this the other week, the weather was horrendous so postponed my drive up to The Ferrari
Centre in Kent for a day, my car is an F355 Spider and the seals leak in heavy rain as I found out recently
In general I avoid rain if I can!