What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Sportscar Protection New Car Detail

KenC

I want to say a massive thanks to Dave Bowerman of Sportscar Protection who has today completed a new car detail on my black BMW M235i Convertible after it was delivered to me with a bonnet full of holograms and buffer trails. My first though was to reject the car, which I was very close to doing, but I now have a car that is in better than new condition.

With travel by the time he is home Dave will have been away from home for around 20 hours. I am truly impressed by the time he spent on my car, his attention to detail and the finish he achieved.

Thoroughly recommended.

uploadfromtaptalk1458719938543.jpg

Day after delivery when the sun shone. Marks were invisible upon delivery ax it was a dark wet day.

uploadfromtaptalk1458720091934.jpguploadfromtaptalk1458720101746.jpg

After the dealer's correction. Poor photos. But you still see the white streaks.

Last edited:
That's an unbelievable way to deliver a new car. But sadly not the only time I've heard that happening.

Love the interior [emoji106]

That's an unbelievable way to deliver a new car. But sadly not the only time I've heard that happening.

Love the interior [emoji106]

It is ironic that they only used a machine on the car pre-delivery because I had said I would not accept swirls. To his credit the salesman though the paint was not good enough so had his "best valet" machine polish it. For the second attempt my car was taken to another of their dealers who had "better equipment". So once they had used their best valet and best equipment it was clearly beyond them. I discussed the issue with Dave and the dealer agreed to foot the bill. Rejection would have been more expensive for them and I end up with a detailed car in better condition than when it left the factory.

So ultimately all has turned out well but, if you pardon the pun, it took the shine of the new car experience.

Anyone with similar issues should contact Dave immediately.

Glad your pleased with the results Ken and thank you for your business and hospitality :thumbsup:

After getting up at 4am yesterday morning and getting home at 2:30 am this morning .....I have just got up:laugh::laugh: