What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Squeaky brakes. I know it must have been done already

Wilpert

I’m getting to know my new to me 2010 Cali
I’ve asked a few questions but I can always find more ��

The latest is the squeaky brakes thing.
I’ve had ceramics on my 911 turbo s and they did squeak a little but not like these.

The car is 28k miles in and I’ve looked at the rotors, all seems good.
Break pad thickness is around 6mm
Service was carried out just 300 miles ago

The brakes squeal every time I stop.
I’ve tried fast driving and sudden stopping, this eases it for a few stops then it returns.

Any other hints or tips welcome please?
Also, when should I consider new pads and what sort of money is it to have a set supplied and fitted.
Happy to use an indie for this?

Thanks again all.

Edit that should have been a new post but somehow I tagged it on to my previous post.
Can this be moved ��

squeaks

Shouldnt be too bad... need to get heat into them. was recommended doing aggresive 70mph-10mph braking over and over, around 8-10 times... I had big squeaking issues on non carbon brakes in the BMW X5M and this would resolve the issue for a while..
I had a 2010 Cali with occasional brake squeaks, and now have a 2015 Cali T - but no squeaks there

[QUOTE
I had a 2010 Cali with occasional brake squeaks, and now have a 2015 Cali T - but no squeaks there[/QUOTE]

I will try the 70 - 10 thing.
Seems odd that only happened in the earlier car.
My 911 TTS had ceramics and never had any probs there either.

do you happen to recall if it was always a problem or did it come and go?

TBH I dont notice it too much because my hearing isnt great but my son comments on it and it draws my attention then I notice it more.

as you also had the 2010 Cali, I may latch on to you for advice as I have the same car - how long did you keep yours and did you have it from new?

Thanks again

Aaarrrgggh.

Still have the brake squeak, I’m letting it bother me now.
It’s in one rear wheel only and I’ve tried getting up to speed then harsh braking then repeat etc. works for a very short time then it’s back.

I’m not one to leave my car sitting in the drive, I use it regularly and I don’t really drive it in heavy traffic as I have my daily hack for that. So when I do drive it’s usually on a roads where I can get up to speed pretty quickly and brake fairly hard.

Any alternative ideas for a cure. ?

I'd be tempted to take the pads out and give it all a good clean and check the pads move freely and not glazed or anything.

When you come back from a drive feel the disk near the hub and see if it seems hot comparfed with the non squeaking side.

I'd be tempted to take the pads out and give it all a good clean and check the pads move freely and not glazed or anything.

When you come back from a drive feel the disk near the hub and see if it seems hot comparfed with the non squeaking side.
Just to add to the above, you can buy an infrared thermometer pretty cheaply if you're the checking temp differences of the disks. That may be able to rule in or out any binding issues.

It doesn't happen until things are warmed up a bit, i.e. not straight off the drive.
I will get onto this, as per suggestions, presumably these magic sprays and potions do not help, I was tempted to spray some wd4 or silicone or something like this but held back and tried the fast drive and braking routine.
(I write this from my prison cell in the local nick as the fast drive and hard braking test was a tad overzealous :anxious:)