What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

The Supercar Event 21st & 22nd June 2014

I did this event this year for the first time on Sunday. However I chose not to use my 458 but took my Xbow instead.
Great event it was good to get on the TG track, frighten a few folk out of their skin in the corners with the Xbow and earn a few quid for a great cause in the process.
In my opinion the way it's run at the moment is very good however I do think the classics should be separated from the more modern vehicles. One of the main things the public want is to go fast and on a couple of occasions I did get caught up in a procession because of a classic car, it also caused some risky moments.
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to separate the obvious super cars ie Ferrari, Lambo etc as this would have a detrimental effect on takings on the whole. I didn't seem to have problems getting people to jump in the Xbow, but then again it's the stewards who deal with the public and not the drivers.
I shall definitely volunteer next year! What's not to like(-:

Steve

In my opinion the way it's run at the moment is very good however I do think the classics should be separated from the more modern vehicles. One of the main things the public want is to go fast and on a couple of occasions I did get caught up in a procession because of a classic car, it also caused some risky moments.

Steve

On Saturday, the classics did go out on their own - but I didn't notice them go out all that often, and I suspect the owners got a bit bored. It's a difficult mix - I liked seeing them there, but on the other hand I suspect they are less popular than the supercars. The speed differential did seem a bit too big for them to be out on the Sunday though.

Hi Pete,
To confirm when you do your checks, I was one of those missing. Both health and car transpired against me this year. :(

Very disappointing if the others didn't give you plenty of notice though.
I was gutted to miss it, especially with the good weather.

Don't worry mate, have a separate tab for those who sent their apologies :)

You were missed :(

On Saturday, the classics did go out on their own - but I didn't notice them go out all that often, and I suspect the owners got a bit bored. It's a difficult mix - I liked seeing them there, but on the other hand I suspect they are less popular than the supercars. The speed differential did seem a bit too big for them to be out on the Sunday though.

The Classics was new this year and sadly didn't work as well as expected. However we learn by this. It is very hard to get the numbers required for both days of cars-people agree to do two days, but it can take a lot out of the driver and car.

The Classics was new this year and sadly didn't work as well as expected. However we learn by this. It is very hard to get the numbers required for both days of cars-people agree to do two days, but it can take a lot out of the driver and car.

Ironically, I agreed to do one but enjoyed it so much I did two. My car did feel a bit second hand afterwards though. :)