What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

What could replace the 360?

dave964

I'm becoming increasingly convinced I should sell the 360. Not entirely made the decision yet, but perhaps at 85-90%.

It was getting limited use before anyway - because it's a pain getting it in / out of the garage, and although it was far more fun - it was simpler to just use the Aston.
Now the Aston has been replaced with the McLaren, it's not getting used at all - it's only been twice (maybe 3 times) since August. So I'm wondering if I would prefer something else.

I don't want something like the 360 - I want something that could take some of the daily duties from the 650 and Cayenne. I'm tempted by another Aston - maybe a 4.7, and maybe a roadster - problem is, much as I liked mine - the McLaren genuinely is better at almost absolutely everything than my Aston was. The only thing that was better was the premium sound system.

Had a browse of cars in the £40-50k region and noticed i8's fall into that price range. That would make a very good semi-daily - and I'd be eco-friendly, and joining the new age.

Any other ideas?

How about a Jaguar F-Type? Choice of 4, 6 & 8 cylinder engines as well as coupe and convertible ranging from brand new in the case of P300 to a few years old for V8. I've got a 2020MY P300 RD Coupe and am very pleased with it.

Dave

I think you'd be surpised just how special a Ferrari is and replacing it with another brand maybe really difficult, having said that if you want a 4.7 Roadster I'm selling my VantageS :thumbsup:

Would just add that the i8 is far from eco friendly, battery range is hopeless :)

Dave

I think you'd be surpised just how special a Ferrari is and replacing it with another brand maybe really difficult, having said that if you want a 4.7 Roadster I'm selling my VantageS :thumbsup:

Would just add that the i8 is far from eco friendly, battery range is hopeless :)

Yeah - somebody at work just pointed that out to me!

I think you're selling a bit too soon - the Ferrari would have to go first, which I suspect will take a bit of time - plus I don't think I'm quite ready to do it yet.

How about a Jaguar F-Type? Choice of 4, 6 & 8 cylinder engines as well as coupe and convertible ranging from brand new in the case of P300 to a few years old for V8. I've got a 2020MY P300 RD Coupe and am very pleased with it.

I know it's newer and probably better in lots of ways - but I don't think I'd choose an F-Type over an Aston.

Electric and hybrid cars are hardly eco friendly! Just the latest band wagon the mindless politicians and press are pushing. Even the environmental scientists I work with won’t get them!!!

I’d go for something different, M5/M6/ghibli/ Lister/ Aston (what’s the four seater one called?) (no idea if they are in price). You have an amazing sports car in the McLaren so don’t get something that tries to compete with it, I’d get something that does something very different but is also special in its class!

^^^ I was going to say something similar - M4 or AMG equivalent would be my thinking at that price, you've already got the 2-seater sports car so something a bit more 'normal' would fit the bill IMO

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The current disagreement with the McLaren dealer about who should be paying for my climate repair has made me reconsider whether it's the 360 I should be selling. Particularly since they clearly lied to me when they spoke to me on Wednesday.

My current thought is that I will decide in the Spring what I'll do. But it may be the 650 that goes first.

The current disagreement with the McLaren dealer about who should be paying for my climate repair has made me reconsider whether it's the 360 I should be selling. Particularly since they clearly lied to me when they spoke to me on Wednesday.

My current thought is that I will decide in the Spring what I'll do. But it may be the 650 that goes first.

Shame to have so quickly soured but a bad experience with the dealer can quickly reflect on the car. Thing is, from what I've read, your experience with McLaren is far from unusual. Perhaps a case of 'The grass is not always greener'?

I'll be honest, if I were you and was happy (or able) to have the combined value of the 360 and 650 tied up in cars, and if I was looking to perhaps move on from the 360, I'd be keeping an eye on the 458 market. Looking at it this way, if you had a 458 sitting outside, how often would you choose to take the 360 or 650? If the answer is almost never then I'd make the switch and maybe just get a cheap commuter car for work.

Shame to have so quickly soured but a bad experience with the dealer can quickly reflect on the car. Thing is, from what I've read, your experience with McLaren is far from unusual. Perhaps a case of 'The grass is not always greener'?

I'll be honest, if I were you and was happy (or able) to have the combined value of the 360 and 650 tied up in cars, and if I was looking to perhaps move on from the 360, I'd be keeping an eye on the 458 market. Looking at it this way, if you had a 458 sitting outside, how often would you choose to take the 360 or 650? If the answer is almost never then I'd make the switch and maybe just get a cheap commuter car for work.

I went into it with my eyes open. I knew that there were potentially issues with them - however, internet rumour says similar things about Ferrari, Alfa and Aston - and I had no such problems with them. So I figured I'd find out for myself. What particularly annoys me now is that I believed the warranty would take care of any failures - it seems that isn't the case, even within 3 months of ownership - and that crosses the line for me.

To get a 458, the 650 would have to go - in fact, both the 650 and 360 would have to go. But I think it's unlikely I'll do that. I was already beginning to think I'd like to significantly reduce my car costs when I bought the 650 - part of the reason I bought it was that I figured if I did get rid of the "supercar" stuff, then I'd like to go out after a proper supercar.

If the 650 continues to have problems - especially if I'm expected to be the one paying to fix them - it will go in Spring. Whether the 360 will too, I'm not sure.

I always thought the McClaren warranty was a catch all and very thorough. It's a shame to find that's not the case. In respect of the issues you have Dave, do they not fall into the 90day protection a dealer is required to give on the basis if a fault was there at the beginning then you could technically reject the vehicle if not resolved. My sister did this on a car a few years ago after an issue surfaced after 6weeks. She got her money back.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Although the number - and frequency - of the issues has been extremely annoying, I don't really think there is justification for trying to reject the car. They are mostly pretty minor issues and the hassle involved with it just wouldn't be worth my time - if necessary I'd take a £20k hit and simply sell it.

The failed climate part arrived yesterday, and Ascot agreed to pay for it - and since it was due to go back for a service on the 16th, they're doing that now too. They believe the car should be ready by the weekend but will confirm today.

Hopefully, it will be improved......