What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 GTC - How many still around & value?

The Scuderia is a little bit maligned, as although it is marketed as a track car the benefits of precision engineering actually make it a better road car than an F430, but with a more pronounced split personality. For one, the ride is quite exceptional due to the reduced unsprung weight - it's a notable difference. Ditto the later F1.

If driving around with the valves closed it's a genuinely comfortable car. Even the seats are excellent for touring.

The Scuderia is a little bit maligned, as although it is marketed as a track car the benefits of precision engineering actually make it a better road car than an F430, but with a more pronounced split personality. For one, the ride is quite exceptional due to the reduced unsprung weight - it's a notable difference. Ditto the later F1.

If driving around with the valves closed it's a genuinely comfortable car. Even the seats are excellent for touring.

Ditto to that.

Didn’t you get the geometry done to your taste Mark?

Like when Schumacher said of the Scuderia “it’s crap on the road now - you have to take the stiffness out for road work”.
Lol

Did he really? I was actually at the 430 Scuderia launch in 2007 where MS and Luca D both spoke extensively about the car. Michael was raving about how good it was, he got quite detailed in his explanations of the technical differences and his own input.

I recall it clearly as whenever I heard him speak in person I was always impressed how concise and detailed he could be in English.

Last edited:
Did he really? I was actually at the 430 Scuderia launch in 2007 where MS and Luca D both spoke extensively about the car. Michael was raving about how good it was, he got quite detailed in his explanations of the technical differences and his own input.

I recall it clearly as whenever I heard him speak in person I was always impressed how concise and detailed he could be in English.

There is an important clue in my MS quote right after the last “ it says LOL

There is an important clue in my MS quote right after the last “ it says LOL

Aha! His passion for the Scud definitely came through loud and clear, quite a memorable event. I think he was also bored being newly retired as he spoke far longer than expected. :thumbsup: