What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

348 rear heat shield

Nosevi

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all.

Has anyone ever run (or is currently running) without a rear exhaust heat shield? I'm pretty sure I've seen cars like this ie with just the forward heat shield and someone once told me the heat actually escapes far better without the rear heat shield in place. Thoughts?

I know the standard exhaust sits very close to the rear lights and I'm guessing that's what the rear heat shield is there to protect but my little Nouvalari Supersport is much further away from them. If anyone has or is running without the rear heat shield has this caused any problems with the rear lights getting hot?

Reason for the query is my rear heat shield brackets have always been very close to the exhaust mounting bracket and as the system gets hot and expands that gap reduces. For some reason that gap has got fractionally smaller and when things get warm and the exhaust system expands a fraction the two rub and make one hell of a racket. Rear heat shield is currently off for 'modification', just wondering whether to modify and re-fit or just leave off. If it's not required to protect the light clusters with an exhaust much further from them than the standard and all it does it trap heat, sort of wondering what the point of re-fitting is.

Having given it some thought I'm thinking it has to be there for a reason and even if the newer sports exhaust is nowhere near as close to the rear lights as the original twin can system I still think I could live to regret removing it. Think I'll just have to modify it so the bracket doesn't rub when the system heats up.

Still interested to hear if anyone runs without it in place though.

No heat shield for me. However, the inside of the bumper is lined with self adhesive heat tape,

Last edited:
For now I’ve just modified the heat shield brackets slightly to give more of a gap to the exhaust bracket…… or at least my mate who has a motorbike workshop and runs a racing team has done as he has every tool known to man. Also noticed one of the rivets was lose so he replaced that too.

542662F4-18C8-4235-9F30-CAB8E6C23249.jpg

3021D827-F66D-4BC3-BEBB-D1B4E5E419E2.jpg

Edit: No idea why those pics are sideways but you get the idea :)

Last edited: