What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Alonso

markst

seems a bit odd for such a small accident that Alonso is still out................I wonder if there is any truth in the rumour he got electrocuted :shocked:

The whole thing seems odd. Strange to lose control there, strange to get hurt in an accident that didn't take the wheels off.

My wife reckons he had a seizure, and we all know wife's are always right!

I wonder if there was a news management issue

In rugby there's now a two week lay-off if you have a concussion and strict protocols covering your return - beyond that there are compounding issues about a second concussion very soon after a first & avoiding that risk

Put them together with a less than perfect car just at the end of the rehabilitation window why not spend a couple of extra weeks on a beach !

Most likely depression !

Left Ferrari, who have now reportedly produced a much improved car :thumbsup:

.....to join a team who's car has only managed about three laps

you got to feel for the guy :hmmm:

The amount of speculation about this is astonishing.
The fact is very simple. There is huge amount of pending litigation regarding second impact syndrome, mainly originating in USA due to Gridiron. The medical profession have really had to get their act together about this problem…witness the change this year with Rugby Union. As ever, threat of litigation drives the issue and defensive practice becomes the norm. Expect to see more medical suspensions in the future especially if there was a period of unconsciousness…even momentarily.
So, no electrocution, alien zap rays, or any of the other rumours flying around. And do you really believe a man with racing in his blood to the extent that Alonso has it would deliberately sit out a race?? Sorry, its just boring old medical management!

I agree with Zuff, Alonso crashed, recieved bump to the head, doctors said take some time off , so he is doing. I dont think its any more sinister than that.

I doubt it, but if he is playing probabilities, (and am not deliberately being hard nosed, I really don't know how ultra dedicated sportsmen think) , but with the best will in the world, the McLaren hasnt shone in testing, so any post accident residual risk is unlikely to be met with much reward.
Australia is a power circuit, and hence is likely to suit the Mercedes chaps (and I hope the RedTeam chaps too) , so its unlikely to be a massive loss to his season especially if the Honda isnt yet on full chat. And in yr2 of these regs, and with excellant reliability from most teams in winter testing the chances of a slower car point pinching due to unreliability is lower.

So if the docs are even only advising you to take time off, not telling/demanding you do it, its probably no great loss and the least risky option.

Looking forward to the intra-team battle at Mclaren for Australia though, Mr Magnussen will be out to demonstrate that the team made the wrong call at the end of last year.

The amount of speculation about this is astonishing.
The fact is very simple. There is huge amount of pending litigation regarding second impact syndrome, mainly originating in USA due to Gridiron. The medical profession have really had to get their act together about this problem…witness the change this year with Rugby Union. As ever, threat of litigation drives the issue and defensive practice becomes the norm. Expect to see more medical suspensions in the future especially if there was a period of unconsciousness…even momentarily.
So, no electrocution, alien zap rays, or any of the other rumours flying around. And do you really believe a man with racing in his blood to the extent that Alonso has it would deliberately sit out a race?? Sorry, its just boring old medical management!

There could be very sparce starting grids at moto gp this year if the above post becomes the norm,no more riding with broken collabones or legs,lots of crashes in practice/quali/race.

well I can see why he's taken some time out after seeing just how bad that car is ! Cannot imagine Alonso standing for being lapped twice !

Saw a McLaren mate the other day. There is a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes, if reliability can be gained then development will be very aggressive.

Who knows if it will come good this season but I wonder if there could be a scenario where McLaren are ahead of Red Bull later this year?

Pretty shocking though that both Renault/RB and Honda are already down one engine of their annual allocation of four.

JB may have been lapped twice but did a race distance :thumbsup: more of a concern was Renault :thumbsdow
Alonso appears to have made a pigs ear of his moves. It will be interesting to see if he gets behind the development of the McLaren/Honda or will opt out at the end of the season (sure he must have a results based exit clause). Good to see Ferrari doing well.

perhaps Alonso didn't suffer memory loss.............................perhaps his old kart was quicker than the Mclaren and he was just reminiscing...

Maybe he should have waited until a seat at Mercedes became available ...!

tbh I feel sorry for him.............clearly the best Driver of his Generation - along with Lewis

perhaps Alonso didn't suffer memory loss.............................perhaps his old kart was quicker than the Mclaren and he was just reminiscing...

Maybe he should have waited until a seat at Mercedes became available ...!

tbh I feel sorry for him.............clearly the best Driver of his Generation - along with Lewis

Maybe the best driver but don't feel sorry for him, it's of his own making.
McLaren/Honda will come good this season.

I hope yesterday's race wasn't a reflection of what's to come this season - especially as I've just paid out for SPA weekend tickets !

Very dull - one teams dominance is no good for the sport. I know we've had it many times before but Mercedes seem to be SO far ahead that they appear to be untouchable. Half a minute ahead in the end and they have some 'improvements' planned for the next race.

Great to see Ferrari improve. They seem to be the only team to have moved forward.