What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Am I the only one...

Kyodo

…who'd like to see the two Mercedes cars crash into each other on the first corner so we can actually have a race?

…who'd like to see the two Mercedes cars crash into each other on the first corner so we can actually have a race?
Probably not...but it's not really sport is it old boy.

Did you feel the same when Ferrari were last beating all comers? Or Williams? Or McLaren?

The worm will turn in time.

There's always a dominant team, that's F1

To be fair, at least these two are allowed to race each other. You have to commend Mercedes for that.

Ferrari took a step backwards today. Row three :(

There's always a dominant team, that's F1

To be fair, at least these two are allowed to race each other. You have to commend Mercedes for that.

Ferrari took a step backwards today. Row three :(

I'm so pleased that Williams are doing well again, I think that Claire is a cracking girl :thumbsup:

I'm so pleased that Williams are doing well again, I think that Claire is a cracking girl :thumbsup:

I think the team let the drivers down again. Williams seem to always bugger up their pit calls. Although the car isn't great in the wet, had they made some better decisions, I think they could of had at least one driver on the podium. Masa holding up Bottas at the beginning wasn't smart and they were too late on the Inter's box call. However, Ferrari took great advantage so not all bad !

Williams have taken a big step forward over the past few years but they still do not have the sharp edge they had through their great years. The excuse of money is always trotted out but they operated on a much smaller budget than McLaren and Ferrari throughout their champion years.

Which would lead to the conclusion that Frank, Patrick and Adrian Newey were what gave them the killer edge as I think both their drivers at the moment are very handy.

Well that was a better race - 1st one I've watched most of for ages !

But I have to agree - Williams ****ed it up - again

Big time. If Bottas had passed early Massa may have backed up Hamilton so very likely they would not have been jumped after the first stops. Even with the rain I think they threw away at least one and possibly two podium places. Sad to see with this team particularly, bring back Patrick Head!

Just to clarify, by no means do I begrudge Mercedes their success, I know it swings back and forth over time. I'd simply prefer to see them pushed a little closer to get the championship again. I find myself really looking forward to it then feeling a little bored with the result. I do enjoy listening to the interviews with Toto 'I'll be back' Wolff, just for the accent :)

Last edited:
National Anthem

Just to clarify, by no means do I begrudge Mercedes their success, I know it swings back and forth over time. I'd simply prefer to see them pushed a little closer to get the championship again. I find myself really looking forward to it then feeling a little bored with the result. I do enjoy listening to the interviews with Toto 'I'll be back' Wolff, just for the accent :)

Who decided that Alesha Dixon should sing this, it has to be the worse that I've every heard it sung, I was embarrassed and hope that the Queen didn't hear it :mad:

If Alonso was in the other car it would be really exciting. Politics aside, 2007 was a proper ding-dong battle between very equally matched team-mates. Rosberg is good (maybe even very good) but in reality few would say he is on the same level as Hamilton for speed, excitement and ruthless winning instinct.

This is exactly why the Toro Rosso situation is so engrossing to watch, two drivers, both with excellent ability, pushing each other in every race and every session. Rosberg tends to get beaten, bring it home safely in second and then talk about how he felt he could have got Lewis and how it annoys him to come second. Every session, every race (apart from two recently). Boring.

It was interesting to hear Hamilton's comment yesterday that when he was beaten off the line by the Williams he was pleased that it meant he would have to do some racing, not disappointed. If Bottas had been allowed to pass Massa it could have been a really exciting battle as Bottas is pretty sharp in close quarter battle.

Last edited:
The pattern that is emerging (feel free to disagree) is that Hamilton is definitely a step above Rosberg, hence why no wheel to wheel action, hence why boring Merc 1-2s.

Last season appeared closer but on deeper analysis that is because Hamilton made a few mistakes and suffered unreliability that gave the impression of a close battle. From Spa onwards HAM utterly dominated and even when he was behind simply overtook and passed as in the US GP. I struggle to think of instances where Rosberg has been behind then hunted down and executed a clean pass on Hamilton, certainly none since the middle of last year.

This is why a driver like Alonso is worth his weight in gold, he will fight tooth and nail. Shame he does not have the car to show it at the moment, but no way would he simply settle for being a No.2.

Verstappen really does appear to be from the same mould. When he grows up a bit more I think he will have a great career.

McLaren utterly dominated 1988 much as Mercedes are dominating now, but each race was a nail biter as Prost and Senna were so close to each other and each had an all out winning mentality.

That was my 25th visit to Silverstone for the GP. Maybe it all comes over differently on TV but for me that was a bloody good race. I normally judge it by:

1. How bored I get during the race

2. How many around me start to nod off after too much beer.

I judge this year's race as being good as I didn't get bored and no-one was nodding off!

Good racing in GP2 and GP3 and the Porsche Supercup was entertaining.

Red Arrows on Sat did their normal excellent display and the Eurofighter Typhoon display yesterday was awesome.

So all in all another great British GP weekend. Booked and paid for next year

Interestingly, the Honda engine has a much lower sound note than the Mercedes / Ferrari / Renault engines.

I don't know if that is significant.

...Adrian Newey ...
The single biggest difference across the teams IMO, for a fair while (whenever he's been fully focussed on the design job).

I'd like to see Newey and Brawn in the same team...

Interestingly, the Honda engine has a much lower sound note than the Mercedes / Ferrari / Renault engines.

I don't know if that is significant.
Backed off the revs for reliability maybe?