What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Another 348 Rear End Resto!

Back in business now. Ive had all of the frame stiffeners replaced and have to say Im impressed with the results, although not overly impressed with some areas of the powder coating which has been missed in some of the tight corners.

Bit of black paint and black waxoyl should sort that out though.

DSC08228.jpg

DSC08227.jpg

DSC08226.jpg

Certainly an improvement on before

DSC07446.jpg

I know it took longer than I said, but here is your pipe fitting ready to go back to you
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424453173.290463.jpg

Who did the powder coating for you ?

Hi Paul - Many thanks, looks great. The timing of that should all fit in nicely :thumbsup:

Bit peed off about the powder coating though, they didn't mask the studs and Im having to re-cut the threads on all of them!

Engine back in frame and suspension all in. Just waiting for a couple of silicon water hoses to arrive before I can get the plenum back on.

Attachments

• DSC08231.jpg
    DSC08231.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 326
I was wondering what to do with them but I didn't want it to look like I'd just whipped the wheels off one Sunday morning and sprayed my hubs!

Ok, engine all back in and running. :thumbsup:

Just might need a bit of help :thumbsdow

It appears 5-8 are getting much hotter than 1-4, either that or 1-4 are cooler than they should be

After 10 mins running, the heat shield and Cat on 1-4 are within touching temperature whereas 5-8 you'd stand no chance of touching.

Also noticed on initial start-up, the dash lights 'Slow Down 5-8' were working but not 'Slow Down 1-4'

Neither of them came on during the running period.

Any help greatly appreciated.

All back up and running now, forgot how deep sounding the 348 is against the 360

Have to say a massive thanks to Nick aka Pangea for helping me along the way (sorry for all the PM's) and also to Paul V for making such a great job of my manifold.

Also a big thanks to all that have provided me with useful tips along the way.

One last photo before air box goes on.

Now onto the front end!

DSC08243.jpg

Thanks Nick. Yes it was alot of work and also alot of organisation and running around however now complete I am very pleased with the results.

I didn't do it to save paying garage fees, (although I'd hate to think how much in hours it would have costs), I did it as I always like to know how things work and also get a great deal of satisfaction in doing it myself. Ive also learnt alot of things I would do different next time i.e. mask-up stud threads when getting things powdercoated...grrr!

Dont think I'll bother posting up my front end restoration as I'll be using your thread for help and guidance (maybe with the odd PM) :thumbsup:

Perhaps you may be able to answer something that Ive never really got a satisfactory answer to....

Why cant people with 2 post lifts etc just put the wheels back on and lift the car away rather than making a trolley??? see pic below

View attachment 138621

This is how I did my 348 majors. Just lifted the car off the disconnected drive train and wheeled it into the garage to work on.