What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Brands Hatch - 3rd November 2011 - supporting the RMCTF

rmdferrari

Hi gang,

Many of you will remember the day we attended that I helped organise last November to give injured soldiers and the medical teams some passenger rides round Brands Hatch? If you came along or read about it afterwards you’ll recall what a fantastic day it was for all involved, despite the weather!

Thread to remind you..… some photos from page 20!:

http://www.officeforexperts.co.uk/f...Royal-Marines-Charitable-Trust-Fund&highlight

Even though there was the odd smattering of rain, plans for a return was already being discussed on the day! OK, thoughts were heading toward the June/July period but that proved impossible with bookings at the track. So…

…..it gives me great pleasure to announce that the Indy Circuit at Brands Hatch has again been booked for Thursday the 3rd November 2011 by Gary Eastwood and Cliff Fox for us to give rides to injured servicemen, the medics and their carers.

In addition to road cars I will be organising, FF Corse will be bringing Gary’s & Cliff’s 458 Challenge cars and several others from their stable. About 10 race cars in total including Hazy, Radders & their pal Kevin all in M3 Cup Cars.

Basic details as follows:

Charity supporting: Royal Marines Charitable Trust Fund. (RMCTF)

Groups giving rides to: Injured servicemen & women from all branches of the forces plus members of; The Not Forgotten Association, BLESMA, Headley Court, Haslar Co. plus medical staff, carers and supporters of the day.

Venue: Brands Hatch, Kent.

Date: Thursday 3rd November 2011.

Time: Rides from 10am to 5pm. (arrival, briefing, noise testing from approx 8:45am)

Format: Open Pit lane, max 20 car at a time. In response to feedback from last year, the race & road cars will run in separate alternating slots.

Noise: Usual weekday, so 105db.

Cost: £0.

Places available: 25.

Insurance: Track / pit managed by MSV, so your insurance company will recognise them “if” you have specific cover for track activities. Please make your own checks.

Special Bonus Feature: I’ve arranged for an ex-Nelson Piquet 1990 Benetton F1 car to give a half hour demonstration run at lunchtime!

Conditions:

1. Although this IS NOT a Club Scuderia event (merely being posted here) I would like to see 80% of the final drivers list as subscribed members please. My reasoning for this is that CS have again agreed to make a donation on behalf of the members to the RMCTF which is likely to be simillar to that of last year, ie circa £3,500. I don’t feel it unreasonable to ask for £10 subscription to support this?

2. A duplicate thread will be posted on fgear. Contact me via either forum.

3. All drivers to wear a “race suit”. This is to add to the spectacle of the day for the soldiers, to add to the safety aspect and so the soldiers can see who / what you are! These are cheap as chips from Demon Tweaks: http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Karting/Kartwear/Suits/OMP_Start_Kart_Suit/1497/7861 A simple Karting suit is fine and considerably cheaper than the cost of a track day at Brands anyway.

4. You will need a suitable crash helmet with appropriate MSA approved kite mark. You will need to show your driving licence as well as part of the signing on process.

5. As was the format for last year, I am not going to open the list up on a "first come, first served" basis. The reasoning for this is as follows:

a. We'd like to have a broad selection of cars.
b. We want drivers who have some track experience.

Military background is a bonus but NOT mandatory!

I have been talking to many people over the last 10 months about the return here, so even if I’ve said…. “yeah, come along next time”…. PLEASE send a PM registering your interest in taking part along with an email address. I will contact selected drivers in due course.

Volunteers are a vital part of a day like this, therefore if anyone would like to assist in getting people in & out of cars and generally pointing people in the right direction and helping them not get run over in the pit lane, please post on this thread. Mal has kindly agreed to manage this important group. Thanks!

Any questions, please ask them on this thread (so others can see and may also be wondering the same) or send me a PM.

Many thanks,

Richard (rmdferrari)

Richard,

I'm happy to support this worthwhile event mate if you want me there. I can bring the 348 Spider or the Exige R. Latter is probably better as you'll have plenty of Ferraris anyway.

Military background limited to 4 Para TA if that matters :thumbsup: Does my old school CCF (RAF) count too :laugh:

Let me know soon as I will need to buy a race suit if you're making them mandatory :thumbsup:

Jas

Richard,

Let me know soon as I will need to buy a race suit if you're making them mandatory :thumbsup:

Jas
Jas. Suits will be mandatory... but £60 ish is peanuts. Just Ferrari / Lambo / other supercars please. (nothing with flimsy wheelarches) :grin:
Both parents were rather busy in the war but thats it for me - volunteering again :thumbsup:
... and you were the result? Had you as much older than that. :hmmm: :laugh:

Both. Final list nearer the time. Thanks.

Sy, I'd not watched the film all the way through before.... what a great job you did. :thumbsup: (and the Yellow Pixie) :grin:

Jas. Just Ferrari / Lambo / other supercars please. (nothing with flimsy wheelarches) :grin:

Ouch :cry3: The plastic bathtub takes another hit :laugh:

Suit is fine, I just meant let me know well in advance so I could buy one :thumbsup:

Sy, I'd not watched the film all the way through before.... what a great job you did. :thumbsup: (and the Yellow Pixie) :grin:

Thanks. That was a year ago so we've learnt a lot of things since then. This year, I'll be a little more creative and if it's dry will do a lot more car shots. :thumbsup:

PS. I think the outtakes one is funnier

Some photos from last year. :dude:

Attachments

• _DSC7511[1].jpg
    _DSC7511[1].jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 308
  • _DSC7488[1].jpg
    _DSC7488[1].jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 303
  • _DSC7511[2].jpg
    _DSC7511[2].jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 305