What's new
Club Scuderia

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Please take a minute to read this thread about our recent server issues and forum platform Switch

Brands Hatch - The Not Forgotten Association 31/07/2014

AJ3XX

Club Scuderia recently confirmed we are once again supporting and donating to the excellent event at Brands Hatch giving rides to injured soldiers brought there by The Not Forgotten Association. If you've been involved with this event before, you'll know how good it is and how its expertly organised. It's on 31st July 2014 this year so please put that date in your diary.

Organisers wrote to us recently to say: the CS members support of this last year was amazing and hope those who were at it enjoyed themselves. Gary, who rents Brands for the day, always mentions Club Scud and is amazed at the support they give the event.

There will no doubt be driver's list and other information later in the year so watch this space for updates. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all,

I have an update message from Richard (RMD / Bungle) re this event, which I have cut / pasted here. Where he refers to sending PM's to Andy, he is refering to me. If I receive any, I will forward directly to Richard. :thumbsup:

Myself, Gary Eastwood and The Not Forgotten Association would like to thank in advance, the members and committee of Club Scuderia for their continued support and donation for the "injured soldiers track day" we organise. This event has become an annual highlight for the soldiers who are undergoing painful surgery and long-term rehabilitation at places such as the Help For Heroes at Headley Court.

The event takes place on 31st July at Brands Hatch, but is very much a private day as the soldiers can struggle to get into cars and we want to afford them a degree of dignity while they do this. As Club Scuderia is a long-term supporter of this day, I can extend an invite to subscribed members. They will need to PM Andy with their name and +1 guest if required. There will be a Military Police presence on site to dissuade people from attending who are not on my drivers & guests list, so PLEASE do not share the date with anyone, as they will have had a wasted journey once they're turned away!

Many CS members drive at this event and have for the last four years. We have a couple of places if any owner of a "very special" car would like to drive (doesn't have to be a Ferrari). You need to be subscribed to CS and have plenty of track experience. Again, please PM Andy and he'll forward on to me.

Kind Regards.

Richard (rmdferrari, as was)

Please thank Mandy for her offer of help, but we are fully subscribed with pit lane volunteers this year. Our friends from Stay Safe driving school (who support us at Dunsfold) are coming along to help.

Regards.

Richard

Just to add - if you're sending me a PM, can you include your email address so Richard can liaise with you directly - cheers

AJ

Please thank Mandy for her offer of help, but we are fully subscribed with pit lane volunteers this year. Our friends from Stay Safe driving school (who support us at Dunsfold) are coming along to help.

Regards.

Richard

Had a message from RMD - they have three late cancellations so are looking for some drivers. All you need is Helmet, Race Suit and Driving Licence .....oh, and a super-car :thumbsup:

I did this event last year and it's a fantastic day. A chance to drive your Ferrari around Brands Hatch and really 'give it some'. It's practically impossible to scare your passengers as these guys & girls have seen and been through it all, although I tried my best going sideways round Paddock Bend and through the grass field too :laugh:

If you interested or just want to know more, PM me and I'll forward you on Richards details - Great day / Great event :thumbsup::thumbsup:

View attachment 136372

Last edited: